The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now have the Tilletts in my Elise, and I can say that from the waist down, they're perfectly comfortable, and from the waist up, they grip very tightly, almost too much around the lats. They seem like they will be well suited to holding you in place on the track, but almost too constraining in the upper back for comfortable everyday use. All this is to say, if you have an opportunity, try them before you buy them. I think that they're probably best suited for a long, thin torso. I'm 5'8", in good shape with no extra weight, but I find that I have to sit up straight and tall to avoid feeling too constrained in the upper back.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
I now have the Tilletts in my Elise, and I can say that from the waist down, they're perfectly comfortable, and from the waist up, they grip very tightly, almost too much around the lats. They seem like they will be well suited to holding you in place on the track, but almost too constraining in the upper back for comfortable everyday use. All this is to say, if you have an opportunity, try them before you buy them. I think that they're probably best suited for a long, thin torso. I'm 5'8", in good shape with no extra weight, but I find that I have to sit up straight and tall to avoid feeling too constrained in the upper back.
The new version of the Elise R in HK comes with Tilletts seat as option. You can have the match colour as the body. :drool:

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update on the Tilletts

Used them at the track today, and they really are great track seats. And, after 3 days' driving in them around town, I'm getting used to the fit and I don't really notice as much as I did the first day.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Used them at the track today, and they really are great track seats. And, after 3 days' driving in them around town, I'm getting used to the fit and I don't really notice as much as I did the first day.
I'm glad you've gotten accustomed to them. Think of their fit as a big hug from someone special. :p

The new version of the Elise R in HK comes with Tilletts seat as option. You can have the match colour as the body. :drool:
Do you have any photos of this?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts