The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Not the admin anymore
11,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tim Mullen

Normally I would not link anything to TOF, but this goes far beyond any petty differences. Let's all hope and pray for the best for Tim.

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,626 Posts
Our thoughts and prayers are with Tim and his wife, Jo.

I'd be willing to trade in my LSS wheels for 'Touring' wheels, just to get a thwack from Tim.

Thanks for posting, Tracy.

--Bob Collum

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
That is terrible news, but thank you for sharing. Best wishes to Tim for a speedy and full recovery.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,685 Posts
" I just got a note from Jo, Tim's wife.

Some better news, but things are still serious.

No news yet; still trying to figure out what the heck happened. Not a stroke (which is good). Not a heart Attack; another good. But he completely seized up when we were driving (I was driving thank goodness) and I took him straight to ER as I was only 5 blocks away. He was unconscious for about 2 hours.

Out of ICU, eats on his own, just can’t walk yet, can carry on a conversation, but drifts away at times. It’s a little weird.

As I know more, I’ll pass along.
Kiyoshi "

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,626 Posts
Tim Mullen Is On The Mend

My wife Debbie & I went by the hospital after work, and saw Tim. He was quite alert, considering the pain meds he is on.

He is bruised up, has a torn muscle in his leg, and a damaged lumbar vertebra. He can't walk on his own yet, but will be fitted for a brace soon, which should help. They do not know yet what caused the episode that landed him in the ER, but tests show it wasn't a seizure, nor a stroke, nor a heart attack.

We dropped off a Get Well Soon card, from his Lotus friends from around the world. We also gave him a Lotus 25 model kit. I told him we were going to need the model assembled, painted, and decal'd by, say, early next week. He said he'd look into it.

We talked cars, and car people, and he was quite lucid throughout. He is a bit embarrassed by the fuss online, as his wife Jo has described it to him, but he is genuinely appreciative of the thoughts. He does not have access to a computer at this time.

I found out that he is allowed to have flowers in his room, so I will arrange that tomorrow. I'm thinking Chrome Orange flowers - what do you think? Kiyoshi is trying to arrange for a special gift for Tim, and I'd like to see if there's a method for creating something we can all virtually 'sign', that I can print out and take to Mr. Mullen. Believe me, Tim's thwacking faculties have not been damaged in the least.

If anyone needs to reach me regarding these issues, or has ideas, send me an email to robert(underscore)collum(at)hotmail(dot)com. I plan on stopping by the hospital every other day or so, to check in with him.

This community is an amazing thing, and the outpouring of affection for Tim is much appreciated.

--Bob Collum

·
Registered
838 Posts
Get well Tim!

I enjoyed going back/forth with Tim regarding the deer whistles I put on my Elise.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Get well!

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Please get well soon, Tim.

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
Get well, Tim.

Todd

·
Ticket Magnet
1,055 Posts
Hope you fell well soon.

If it helps, I am willing to take rcollum up on his offer.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Tim and his wife, Jo.

I'd be willing to trade in my LSS wheels for 'Touring' wheels, just to get a thwack from Tim.

Thanks for posting, Tracy.

--Bob Collum

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
We are all pulling for you Tim so continue to get better because without you we will have no one to :thwack: the guys with their touring wheels!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts