The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,477 Posts
I cut holes in my Reverie side sills to allow jacking up the car without having to pull the sills. I put Velcro on the jacking points and cut-down (smaller diameter) hockey pucks. The pucks stay in place which makes jacking the car easier. I use the rearward jacking point to jack up one side until I get the jack stands in place.

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
That's a great idea my current side skirts don't impinge on the jack points. I'll see if it's necessary to bury them deeper like yours.

Sent from my LM-Q910 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I should say that we used rivnuts to hold them in place and they were solid

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Getting there slpwly. It's a very organic process. Made subtle changes to match aerodynamics
on wind tunnel tested race cars and time attack cars.
Should be able to make a mold for the rear fender shortly.
The oven has been completed ... Might just go with dry carbon for my car. Making a wet carbon fiber set for a fellow enthusiast.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,477 Posts
Venting on the front reminds me of the Saleen S7. Looks great.
There was a local business making supercharger kits. I went to a show there and low and behold there were several Saleen S7s. Seems the owner had a race team at one time. Months later the business was shut down and everything was moved into storage. A great looking car that I'd never seen in person before, and all of the sudden there they were.

San

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
I really appreciate the effort that you’ve put into this project but I’m not liking the sharp lines and angles on the rear fender. It doesn’t flow well with the original curvy lines of the Elige. But that’s just my opinion.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Yes. It's altered the lines and has a more chiselled appearance with the aim being to improve grip, maximize air flow , improve down force etc Just wait til I get the monstrous wing on it.

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
How are you proving that design out? CFD analysis, wind tunnel, crossing fingers? I'd love to see your model if using a CFD a package.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts