The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the tires on my 2008 Exige S240 and am looking for suggestions/opinions. I don't track my car. The two options on Sector111.com don't mention being compatible for any model newer than 2007 so I'm a little confused. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
KCP1985,
What part of the country do you live in. The amount of rainfall in your area should drive your selection of tires. Please do not install "rock" tires on your car, as it will rob it's essential character. Go to google and search for "lotus talk elise tires" or "lotus talk exige tires" and it will bring up detailed threads discussing the pros and cons of various choices.

·
He's on fire!
3,204 Posts
Here's some help - go to the suspension subforum, there are plenty of topics on this over there

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
KCP1985,
What part of the country do you live in. The amount of rainfall in your area should drive your selection of tires. Please do not install "rock" tires on your car, as it will rob it's essential character. Go to google and search for "lotus talk elise tires" or "lotus talk exige tires" and it will bring up detailed threads discussing the pros and cons of various choices.
I live in the Seattle area but do not tend to drive much in the rain or when temperatures are lower than 40. I've been looking into the Toyo R888s but the sector111.com page says:

Model Compatibility:
•'05 -'07 Elise
•'06 Exige & '07 Exige S

It just kind of threw me off because I would expect it to say '06+ models. but when it stops at 07 it made me wonder if my 2008 Exige S 240 was not compatible for some weird reason....it just made me hesitant.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts