The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys

after tracking for about 2 years on xp10/xp8 combo i decided that its time to upgrade

been eyeing on xp12/xp12 or rc8/rc8

i was also recommended raybestos and pfc - but i dont have much information regarding them in the lotus forum

i also know that carbotechs came out with the xp24, any reviews with those?

i use my car for both track + street - but i lie...the only time i drive the lotus is only to and from track and the occasional coffee run so i will have these pads installed 100% of the time and use it on the minimal amount of mileage i put on the streets, however i do prefer them to not be corrosive as i get lazy and dont wash the lotus until couple days later after the track day :eek:

any reason why i should go xp12/xp12 over the rc8? it seems like the rc8 is a really good pad but id like to hear your thoughts between these

thanks in advance!

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
Don't wait days after you track the car to clean your car/wheels. In the long run you might regret it. Depending on the pad you use you can do irreversible damage.

San

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
I had Pagids pads on my Big Brakes and hated the squeal. I changed to Ferodos and love them! The hotter they get the more they grab!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't wait days after you track the car to clean your car/wheels. In the long run you might regret it. Depending on the pad you use you can do irreversible damage.

San
yea i def know that luckily im using carbotechs atm which are not corrosive so no harm done.... yet :(

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Pagid 4-2's are working for me so far.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
I have run the XP24`s. Very hard compound... don't have the initial bite. I believe they are more of an endurance pad.

I currently run XP12's and am happy with the performance and wear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts