The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My friend @NCsteve recently had a Sprint Elan and an ardent red Elise that he sold on here on LT.
This was all part of a "big picture" to move into an Exige! (Red of course.. haha)
Like so many here, he beat the bushes and found one offered on LT a long time ago.

Well it's in town (north county San Diego) from its recent pickup and I wanted to check it out as he had asked plenty of questions. Mine is virtually stock and his has some mods that must be corrected before smogging and I wanted to try it out so away I went!

Stopped in to see if he could come out to play!

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We swapped keys and away we went. Not really a long drive, but enough to feel the extra power in his. Many things similar, some different.

Pulled over to discuss differences for a while.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Then back to his place where could pull up some chairs and ogle our cars, have great snacks provided by Steve and realize how lucky we are! Great way to spend a couple hours!

·
Registered
748 Posts
Yummy, S240. Test drove a brand new white one a long time ago....That supercharger Whine is unforgettable.💙❤

Reactions: 6TVRs+

·
Registered
26 Posts
hi guys loooooove the pictures its rare to see two s240 in same place except in car show I have one in canyon red in san Francisco i love it to death men enjoy it guys.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I will say it was helpful to compare to mine. The speed is there in that it revs faster which equates to more hp, but it doesn't feel that it accelerates drastically faster than mine. The supercharger whine is MUCH more noticeable, but I like it!! I think his pads are different and more grabby, less linear.
But I can see where the desire to bump power is somewhat addictive!
Thanks again to @NCsteve for allowing me to compare!

·
Registered
1972 Lotus Elan Sprint
45 Posts
Yeppers, 'twas a very fun afternoon. Thumbs up to old friend @6TVRs+, who was very helpful wrt Exiges and trailering! Several threads here were also informative regarding trailering in general, as well as details regarding an Elige on the Uhaul "auto transport."

My wife and I drove up to visit friends in Idaho, then to Washington where we picked up the (one way) trailer and then finalized the purchase of the Ardent S240. Seller @russd is a class act! We had great communication leading to the sale, and he was very hospitable and helpful as we examined, drove, and loaded it for the drive south.

Thanks also go to @nothau and @kfennell for the excellent discussions and sale of my prior '05 Elise. Plus to @pharriso for his contributions on lotuselan.net. I'm happy and thankful to be a member of this community!!

·
2006 Exige
931 Posts
That's hot! Such a great pair of cars. The red and blue together look great. Maybe get a white one too for the 4th of July next year.

There seem to be plenty of Exiges in AZ. I had 3 Chrome Orange Exiges in my driveway earlier this year. And I know of 2 others in the area (also orange)! I'll have to dig out that pic...

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Who let that red car join the group?

View attachment 1292441

You must have a lot of Lotus in San Diego, no?
Haha! I love it! If he was able to drive to my place, there would have been THREE Lotus here.. (my orange Elise too)... and 6 TVRs.. but that's a different group, lol.

I think there may be a lot of Lotus in San Diego, but I'm late to the Lotus party, so not sure where they are all hiding. I suspect if I sat down and counted, I have probably seen 20+ Eliges in the past couple years at shows or on the street.

North of me 50-100 miles, the greater Los Angeles area probably has quadruple that, easily.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
That's hot! Such a great pair of cars. The red and blue together look great. Maybe get a white one too for the 4th of July next year.

There seem to be plenty of Exiges in AZ. I had 3 Chrome Orange Exiges in my driveway earlier this year. And I know of 2 others in the area (also orange)! I'll have to dig out that pic...
Another question... did the orange Exiges only come with black wings? Or is that just a "thing" in AZ? ;)

·
2006 Exige
931 Posts
Another question... did the orange Exiges come with black wings? Or is that just a "thing" in AZ? ;)
They are all '06's so yes, black wings.

There is an orange '08 240 (ArizonaExige) here as well with a carbon wing so it would fit in our club too! I also know a guy with a <1,000mi yellow '06 and another with a <10,000 mile white '06. There is a titanium '06 too, but I don't know the owner, just see it at shows. I very rarely see other Lotus around here, but I get excited every time!

·
Registered
254 Posts
They are all '06's so yes, black wings.

There is an orange '08 240 (ArizonaExige) here as well with a carbon wing so it would fit in our club too! I also know a guy with a <1,000mi yellow '06 and another with a <10,000 mile white '06. There is a titanium '06 too, but I don't know the owner, just see it at shows. I very rarely see other Lotus around here, but I get excited every time!
why on earth have < 1000 miles? Go drive the car… heck my Evora I have 9200 on it and I’ve only owned it since March…

·
2006 Exige
931 Posts
why on earth have < 1000 miles? Go drive the car… heck my Evora I have 9200 on it and I’ve only owned it since March…
He has an Elise that he drives a lot. I guess the Exige is more of a collector car to him. Bought both brand new.

I wonder how many <1,000 mile Exiges and Elises exist.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts