The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my windows tinted today. The side windows are 20% while the back is 5%. The person who did the job said he noticed the back window was very foggy in places. He cleaned the back window with regular glass cleaner and scraped it (carefully) with a razor blade. We think the heat rising from the engine is causing this so it might be wise to do this on the outside of the glass every so often.

In case anyone was wondering how the Elise would look with tinted windows...here you go.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
I think it looks nice on your car. :clap:

I've wondered how it would look on a lighter car like a yellow or orange or green.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks,
I'm getting tired of people staring in like they expect to see someone famous. This definitely gives more privacy and since the windows will be down when tracking I figured it wouldn't affect visibility.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I like it. The tint and black top contrast the blue nicely. Did you say the rear is 5% or is it 50%. It looks much darker.

Originally, I thought the Elise was so low that I would even be able to see other people with the top on. That doesn't seem to be the case, so I'll probably be tinting my windows too.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
5% in the back. It's my understanding that the lower the number the darker the film. 35% is very light. Since the back window is hardly worth looking out when driving I figured I might as well go really dark.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
eliseowner2b said:
5% in the back. It's my understanding that the lower the number the darker the film. 35% is very light. Since the back window is hardly worth looking out when driving I figured I might as well go really dark.
Only problem with this argument is, in my experience, the tech inspectors look for dark tint on the back window and might fail you. I have 30% on my M3 and I've run into a few issues over the years where they claim someone behind you can't see what's going on inside the car in front.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
ekological said:
Hehe...his car is not blue!!! =)
It's rude to make fun of the color blind! :no: ;)

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, it's Graphite Blue. A very rare color indeed! :)

EKO,
I've seen some cars running with the Panoz club at Road Atlanta that had very dark tint so I should be ok. I suppose in the south (hot hot sun) they might be more friendly toward it. I hadn't considered this but it is a good point. If they bring up the point of people can't see what I'm doing I could always argue that they couldn't see whats going on through that window anyway. Then again, ignorance is the worst defense.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,682 Posts
How about some pix in the sunlight?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts