The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was driving and a piece of tire flew from out of no where and hit my front clam. It left a very minor scuff, no visible scratch just a black scuff. Any materials out there that are pretty decent at removing something like this.

PS
It's not that major at all but my car is yellow and maybe cause I am the owner it always seems 10 times bigger than how others see it :)

Thanks.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Yep...what Larry said........Turtle Wax bug & tar remover.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
So, I was driving and a piece of tire flew from out of no where and hit my front clam. It left a very minor scuff, no visible scratch just a black scuff. Any materials out there that are pretty decent at removing something like this.

PS
It's not that major at all but my car is yellow and maybe cause I am the owner it always seems 10 times bigger than how others see it :)

Thanks.
This just happened to me a couple of days ago with my Audi... if it's not a scratch, and just on top of the paint/starshield... try cleaning it with a sponge/mitt and car wash solution. If that's not enough, try scraping it off gently with your fingernail. Bug/Tar remover works as well, and finally, many car waxes will remove rubber scuffs as well (and it's always a good way to "finish" the job).

·
Registered
803 Posts
Novus plastic polish

The pinball machine restoration experience I have comes in handy with the Lotus from time to time.

Many pinball machine playfields are covered in a similar Mylar-like material to protect the playfield from scuffing and wear by the ball. It is a very hostile environment.

Novus makes a couple of plastic polishing products, Novus 1 and 2. One is a gentle polish and the other slightly more aggressive. I used both on the tiny portion of shield on my Elise, just in front of the rear wheels, successfully over the three years of life. It smooths out the rock dings, polishes the material, and removes scuffs. It works great for removing cone marks.

Michael

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Ajax!.. Just joking...

Bug and tar remover is good, this stuff called goo gone, it is a citrus based cleaner for gum and tar residue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts