The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

Through a strange turn of events, just as I was starting a search for my 4th Lotus, the owner of my previous 1994 S4 contacted me saying he was going to put her on the market and was giving me first dibs. Well, after a bit of a rough start getting it purchased and transported (I am out of the country), she is now in the safe hands of my Lotus mechanic that found her for me the first time. There are a few odds and ends being addressed which include getting the 2 front rims straightened, which leads me to my request for advice. I need a set of front tires. Unfortunately, these models aren't available anymore, Yokohama AVS sport. I have aftermarket wheels installed (Ronal, rears are 18x9, possibly 18x9.5 and fronts are 18x8). Currently installed are 295/35 18 on the rear and fronts are 225/35 18.

So, any suggestions on what brand and sizes I should go with? Seems there are only a couple available in the current front size. I like the current sizes but am willing to change just a bit to get a good set as long as they don't rub or look to wacky. Here is a picture with the current tires to give an idea of how they fit (older picture from when I owned her the first time).

Thanks, John

Attachments

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
With custom wheels, you're going to have to hit the websites to check what is available in your size, read the reviews, and make your own choice. TireRack, DiscountTire, and 1010.com.

1998 Lotus Esprit V8

·
Registered
860 Posts
I'd consider it a good thing that the AVS sport is no longer available! I hated those tires. Super stiff sidewalls and very loud. I never realized how noisy they were until I changed to a new tire.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I was hoping someone had similar size wheels on their Esprit. I will start looking just based on what I have already I guess.

Just found that I can get those exact sizes in a BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2 for about $900. Anyo0nw have any experience with these? (Nevermid, I found a few posts already about them.)

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
I have a brand new set of Yoko AVS tires. Fronts are 235/40ZR17 and the rears are 285/35ZR18. They are for a V-8 but they would fit the S4. Contact me off-list if you are interested. They have never been mounted and still have the labels on them.
David Teitelbaum

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
I have a brand new set of Yoko AVS tires. Fronts are 235/40ZR17 and the rears are 285/35ZR18. They are for a V-8 but they would fit the S4. Contact me off-list if you are interested. They have never been mounted and still have the labels on them.
David Teitelbaum
He's going to need to build up a good coat of tire soap on his 18" front rims to get your 17" front tires to fit. :D

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can make em fit! I have a BIG hammer!

Seriously though, thanks for the offer but I just placed an order for a full set of BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW's in the same size I have now. The rears are on backorder for a month but fortunately I am not in a hurry.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've been starting to look around to see what's available for my car. They have the size I need in the g-force as well. I'd like to what you think of them after you have a chance to try them for a while.
Frank

·
Registered
82 Posts
For now I'm happy with the wheels I have, but if I ever were to change I really like the look of the Ronal wheels!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts