The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can one find a high quality tire pressure gauge?

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
I bought mine from Frey Racing, a local speed shop catering to the racer crowd (not Honduhs, but *real* race cars). Check for something similar locally. Or, try online places such as Pegasus or Racer Wholesale. Lastly, Griots Garage has a tire pressure gauge that looks pretty decent. I'd expect to spend around $50.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
http://racerpartswholesale.com/tirega.htm

I have the "Ultimate Tire Gauge" and I've had it for some time now. I see they have an 'improved' version too. What you want is an accurate gauge with a bleed valve. That way you can run the pressure up to a bit higher than what you want and bleed out the extra. Very quick and easy.

I don't like digital gauges and I don't really see the hold valve as a value.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Get one that has a pressure release valve built in.

This is one is $24.99 on sale.

edit.. damn... NMRJock was quicker! :)

P.S. I agree about digital and about the setting hold feature. One of my gauges has it and it's an annoyance.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
NMRJock said:
http://racerpartswholesale.com/tirega.htm

I have the "Ultimate Tire Gauge" and I've had it for some time now. I see they have an 'improved' version too. What you want is an accurate gauge with a bleed valve. That way you can run the pressure up to a bit higher than what you want and bleed out the extra. Very quick and easy.

I don't like digital gauges and I don't really see the hold valve as a value.
Those are really nice ! I've used them (on a friend's "real race car!!!!") and it was good. The bleed valve - very handy. Gotta get one....

·
Registered
2005 elise touring ardent red
612 Posts
which one?
they have a few...0-30 0-60 0-90 psi.

what is the pressure of the elise's tires?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
You want 0-60psi.

Most tuning is in the 20-50 psi range. I have never run a racing tire above 55psi.

I have a 0-30psi gauge for my kart.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Oh, I didn't know SPS sells one.

BUY THAT ONE!! Support the people that support us at events. Good guys at Solo Performance.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Here's a hint: buy two of them even if one is cheap. Compare the two of them periodically. I had a nice guage once but I dropped it and it was inconsistent after that.

Accu-guage is OK. Get one with a short hose and a pressure release valve.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
BMW dealers carry a very nice one that has braided stainless over the hose. The price as I remember is reasonable $35 or something like that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts