The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced one of their tire pressure sensors malfunctioning? Went on a long drive and towards the end the light came on and dash read 00 psi, checked the tire and it’s full (36 warm day) but the light has remained on.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
I don't know how old your sensors are but perhaps the internal battery has reached the end of its life. However, here are a few threads to read up on. Some have had success with a series of inflate, deflate down and re-inflate to wake up sensors if possible.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the reply! What’s the damage like to my wallet if I need some new sensors? And could I take to somewhere like tires plus or is that dealer only type of thing
I don't know how old your sensors are but perhaps the internal battery has reached the end of its life. However, here are a few threads to read up on. Some have had success with a series of inflate, deflate down and re-inflate to wake up sensors if possible.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
OEM TPMS Transmitters are Schrader 20159:

Lotus has the TPMS Transmitter, Part # A121G6000F for $103.16.

Or you can buy them from Sherman at HethelSport for $79

Any tire fitter can install them. In/lb Torque is in the chart above.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Rip 'em out. People who regularly checked their tire pressures in the past - but got their finger tips a little dirty and wet (because they spit checked the valve when finished) never needed them. They maybe even went to the trouble of spraying water on the bead of a tire/rim occasionally if they suspected a tire had a slow leak. At speed if the car's front began to pull to one side and/or steer funny or if the rear got mushy in a corner, those same people understood it could be more than a loss of pressure....but they'd check out the car in various ways. TPS is for soccer Mom's and the people that make batteries. A very sudden loss of a lot of pressure at speed may show on a TPS idiot light but most anyone with a pulse and driving at that same time will know it too. In answer to the question as phrased: what would be the benefit? ......you'd know you're not a soccer Mom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts