The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone run these at the track? If so, what tire pressures did you run? I was told that these tires have softer sidewalls so that higher pressures might be better. My tires were set at 31F and 32R. I felt like I didn't have as much traction as I should have. Then again it was my first driving event. So too high of tire pressures or operator error? I'm sure there was some component of the latter regardless. ;)

·
Registered
709 Posts
Anyone run these at the track? If so, what tire pressures did you run? I was told that these tires have softer sidewalls so that higher pressures might be better. My tires were set at 31F and 32R. I felt like I didn't have as much traction as I should have. Then again it was my first driving event. So too high of tire pressures or operator error? I'm sure there was some component of the latter regardless. ;)
I set mine at 33 all around, but that's on a heavier car with a more even weight distribution (MX5). Honestly I'd say you are fine where you are - maybe even drop the rears by 2 and raise the fronts by 1 or so - maybe look for a 32/30 f/r balance and from there.

One other thing to note - if the tires are new the Direzzas take a little while to scrub in - give them a hundred miles or so and I think you'll find they stick better.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Take a few laps and check your tire temperatures with a pyrometer. Three readings across a tire will tell you what is needed. Equal temps, just the right amount of pressure, higher on the center and lower on the outsides and you are a bit overinflated, higher temps towards the sidewalls and lower in the center and the tire is under inflated. (the center is buckling)

Good luck! I need one of those pyrometers myself!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts