The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Fall I replaced my Yoko AO48' (195/50/16 - 225/45/17) mounted on LSS wheels with Dunlop Star Specs (205/50/16 - 235/45/17) Lotus calls for a presure of 26# - 29# for the Yokos. I called Dunlop tech and they advised I run 26# both front and rear. Didn't sound right to me so I'm currently running 24 / 26 to maintain a semblence of factory differential. I don't want to seem anal but, after all, the big thing about our cars is a refined balance in the running gear. Does this sound about right? Thanks for any considered advise! BTW, this car is street only.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Last Fall I replaced my Yoko AO48' (195/50/16 - 225/45/17) mounted on LSS wheels with Dunlop Star Specs (205/50/16 - 235/45/17) Lotus calls for a presure of 26# - 29# for the Yokos. I called Dunlop tech and they advised I run 26# both front and rear. Didn't sound right to me so I'm currently running 24 / 26 to maintain a semblence of factory differential. I don't want to seem anal but, after all, the big thing about our cars is a refined balance in the running gear. Does this sound about right? Thanks for any considered advise! BTW, this car is street only.
Sounds about right. Without measuring hot pressure or temps across the tire.
If it is for the road, then the 26/2 might be OK too.
With my old rims they would wear the centers with normal pressure, so I suspect I will be running higher pressure for the new rims.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
26/28 with remarkably improved ride comfort and "cushioning" over bumps. I call them my "touring tires"

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
I run 22 front and 24 rear, and get fantastic performance, and wear.
Those hot or cold pressures for street or track?? Sound like cold track pressures to me!

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Those hot or cold pressures for street or track?? Sound like cold track pressures to me!
Cold street pressure. I think Lotus is a little high on their 26F/29R for balanced street wear, and I've even read that 24F/27R didn't produce much better results, so I went a little lower than that, and have been very happy. My R888's are on their way, and I plan to do 23F/26R street pressure, but will lower from that if I see increased wear.

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Boy your turn in must be useless unless its 100 outside!

·
Registered
297 Posts
I drive street only.

I have played around with different tyre pressures with the standard Yokos. I have found 21-22 front and 23-24 rear cold works well. If you have them as per manufacturer specs they feel hard on ride and skate in corners.

I also replaced the standard coilovers to Quantum zeros (I don't know if this will change the feel with different shocks)

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
When driving to track on my Toyo R888's at ~24/26 car always feels like sidewalls are flexing all over for first 3-5 miles. I attributed rear tire wear to toe in not pressures. Maybe I'll play some more as a bunch of you folks like this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts