The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Elise is equipped with AD07s. As of now, they have 12.5K miles on them. I just noticed 2 days ago that my passenger rear tire is just about shot. The driver's rear looks pretty good still, which is surprising. I took the pressures after the car was sitting in the sun for a while. The driver's rear was 26 psi, the passenger rear was 28. I let 2 psi out of the passenger rear and went on my way. The damage is done, so no sense in crying over spilled milk.

Anyway, it's clear I will need some new tires soon. Even though my car has the LSS, I also have Tim's Touring Wheels®. I am inclined just to get another set of AD07s. I have heard the Toyo R-888s are nice, but they aren't available in the standard rear wheel size AFAIK.

Now, does anyone know a good place north of Boston to get new tires strapped on? I figure maybe the dealership in Waltham has AD07 tires, but if there are other options in the standard wheel size, I'd be open to that also. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I know nothing about tires, so I need some help. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
By-the-way, if you think your tires wore faster than expected for your driving habits, I suggest you get a good wheel alignment done. The factory alignment is often very off (particularly in toe), which leads to premature tire wear.

On-the-other-hand, 12,000 miles was about all my rear AD07s lasted, but that was with a bad alignment.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
same thing happened with mine.
the alignment was off.
sam

1 - 3 of 3 Posts