The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone know that tire shine overspray can damage the 08 LSS wheels? Aren't these things clear coated?

I'm continually amazed at how fragile this car is.. I've been using this stuff for years on other cars with no problem.

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Did anyone know that tire shine overspray can damage the 08 LSS wheels? Aren't these things clear coated?

I'm continually amazed at how fragile this car is.. I've been using this stuff for years on other cars with no problem.
Yup. Been brought up here a few times over the years.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found a few threads describing possible damage to the anodized wheels (earlier versions of the LSS wheel), but mine are painted/clear coated.

The damage actually appears to be underneath the clear coat, as you cannot even feel it with your finger. It's just a bunch of white spots, like freckles. Luckily the wheels are already silver so the white spots aren't terribly noticeable. But it still makes me sick.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
my wheels where ruined by the former owner.i guessed it was from tire shine or some wheel cleaner.i always hand wash my wheels.while im washing the car.there are long streaks running from the center all the way to the outer edge of the rim.looks really bad.tried everything to get it off.it is buried into the coating.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts