The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey LOs i bought an evora earlier this year and it’s my daily driver. One thing i forgot about is winter. I knew I’d be taking it to Texas to store at my parents for the winter but i forgot that I’ll still be in nyc when cold hits. I’m running summer tires so i guess I’ll need to change them to all seasons before i leave . I can’t remember when it actually gets cold but I’m not trying to mess up anything. Anyone recommend an all season tire and is there anyone that suggests a certain tire shop on Long Island NY? Any place you’ve had a horrible experience with in Long Island or close by? My Miata has been to Firestone only because there is one in my parents hometown and where i live now..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey, I’m on the island and run Continental DWS tires. I've run them on most of my vehicles and love them. No recommendations on a shop though. I myself will be looking for a new shop after the winter. The shop I've used for the last 20 years was owner operated, but now the owners don't do the work themselves anymore and I don't overly trust the guys they have there. I'm pretty sure they put a scratch on my Monolites. I should have looked over the wheels better before bringing them there though so it was my own fault for not knowing for sure if it was already there or not.

Where on the island are you located? I never see any other lotus owners on the road. I don't go to many meets as I prefer to drive than sit around in parking lots. Some weekends I'll pick a meet to drive to and my wife will bring my son in her car and we'll do a lap around to see whats out there and then leave. I am running a kids choice car show this upcoming spring though for my son's elementary school. It would be great to have another Lotus there or someone nearby who just likes to go out for weekend drives.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got it . So continental DWS I’ll check out. That’s kind of what I’ve run into in a few cars in the past, owner is no longer doing the work and i haven’t found it in me
To trust the new guys yet. I definitely rather drive around. The Miata club I’m in go on little driving trips and stop and eat and maybe a tour of something. The kids choice thing sounds cool, I’d be interested. I live in Brooklyn but work in lindenhurst and riverhead. It’s a nice drive for me. Of course then i get to work and am Sad the drive part is over until it’s time to go home. So far I’ve run into a parked orange evora in lindenhurst a couple of times and once pulled up behind him on my way home from work. A silver/blue evora on my way to work a few times . A green Elise and an orange Elise somewhere on the island . Amazes me because since the evora came out in 2010 i had never seen one outside of the dealership

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm in Moriches. A little closer to Riverhead than Brooklyn, but if your club that you drive with is ever heading this way let me know and maybe I can meet up with you guys if the timing is right. Regarding the tires, I didn't think of this before, but you should reach out to Autosport Designs in Huntington Station. They are a lotus dealership but also deal in all sorts of rare vehicles and builds. I purchased my Elise sight unseen from California and had them do a full inspection of the car for me when it arrived. They may do tires there as well, but if not I would trust any place they recommend.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm in Moriches. A little closer to Riverhead than Brooklyn, but if your club that you drive with is ever heading this way let me know and maybe I can meet up with you guys if the timing is right. Regarding the tires, I didn't think of this before, but you should reach out to Autosport Designs in Huntington Station. They are a lotus dealership but also deal in all sorts of rare vehicles and builds. I purchased my Elise sight unseen from California and had them do a full inspection of the car for me when it arrived. They may do tires there as well, but if not I would trust any place they recommend.
Ahh hey will do. I work in riverhead on Wednesdays … i love the drive out! And yea ill
Let u know the next Miata club meet I’m going to. And I’ll try autosport . They fixed my door handles. I just didn’t think about them for tires but makes sense and might as well just in case .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts