The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... Where does everyone buy there tires? Did you stick with the ao48's or change to something else?

Thanks

·
Registered
553 Posts
If you're east coast, the cheapest place i found was treadepot. check out the tire and wheel section of the forum. Whats the primary use of your lotus

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No track use, just spirited road driving .

·
Registered
165 Posts
You can try tires23 or Gofortires if you're in got GTA. They seem to have pretty good pricing.
If no track use, you can try some Dunlop direzza star specs. Great grip, but not as good as the a048 obviously, but much much better wear.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm lucky enough on two parts
a) my buddy works at a dealership (in Western NY) and gets dealership costs from tirerack.com
b) I live close enough to USA that I ship them to his house and we just install them there, drive them back home.

rotfl And I declare them when crossing the border rotfl

If anyone else is willing to drive to upstate NY, let me know. I like helping people save their money.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Simply Tire has been consistently best prices.Ask for Allen the owner.
Go for Derizza Star Specs got super sirited and occasional track use or if you want longer wear with amazing performance go for Michellin Pilot Super Sports (thats if it comes in your sizing)

·
Registered
165 Posts
I think we need to organize a cruise to visit your friend!
I need new tires for the daily driver:D

I'm lucky enough on two parts
a) my buddy works at a dealership (in Western NY) and gets dealership costs from tirerack.com
b) I live close enough to USA that I ship them to his house and we just install them there, drive them back home.

rotfl And I declare them when crossing the border rotfl

If anyone else is willing to drive to upstate NY, let me know. I like helping people save their money.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm looking at the star specs but can't find a 195/50/16... Tried tire rack and the Dunlop website...am I missing something?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Star specs don't come in stock size. You have to use the next closest thing.
205/50/16 for the fronts and 235/45/17 for the rears.

I'm looking at the star specs but can't find a 195/50/16... Tried tire rack and the Dunlop website...am I missing something?

·
Registered
432 Posts
I would advise against Tires23 in Mississauga. At least on my one and only visit, they were not at all careful when I took in my mother's Lexus. They won't be getting their hands on my Elise.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I also had bad experience with tires23 and my wheels had dirty tire scuffs after they installed my summers and removed my winters last year.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts