The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am autocrossing my 2007 Elise, done 3 events this year and so FTD in all three and 3 class wins. Whos a cleaver boy.

At present the car is totally stock including the tires. I am considering either buying a set of Yoko A048, or some Kumho 710 any suggestions. I am aware that the 710 is an autocross tire and the A048 is not, how close are they in performance? and what is the A048 like as a street tire and whats it like in the rain.

Terry

·
Registered
321 Posts
The A048 are a good tire on the street and track and not bad at the autocross. However, I put the Hoosier A6s on for autocrossing this year and nothing compares that I have ever run on. I have never driven the 710s and therefore can not comment.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Hoosier A6's.
The A048 are a good tire on the street and track and not bad at the autocross. However, I put the Hoosier A6s on for autocrossing this year and nothing compares that I have ever run on. I have never driven the 710s and therefore can not comment.
Awesome.. I got my Rear A6's in and I'm still waiting on my fronts (back order). I've never run them before and can't wait to see what they will do on the car compared to other tires I've run. :cool:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What size and what pressures are you running in the A6 ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts