The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to order some Toyo R888 tires and tried logging into the TireShoppe site this evening, only to discover they have taken their "final curtain call." Is anyone familiar with TreadZone.com which links to their old site?

·
Registered
391 Posts
For real? That's nuts I just ordered tires from them 2 days ago I hope @ least it's all gone though. Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Tread Zone IS the tire shoppe just a new name. Joe is still there. I just saw him last week at Sebring. Just an name change thats all.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I just got my tires a week ago from thetireshoppe. There was a delay, but Joe explained to me that he was at an event. BTW-you might want to go with RA-1's. My 888's lastest me 8 two hour days at H2R. ChiliRed was about double that with his RA-1's and still going strong.

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Just bought a set of R888s this morning. New site was a bit more difficult, could not buy per tire brand or car model (no Lotus listed), only through tire size. Got it done with a nice fellow over the 'phone.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had some trouble with the new site--pages were not loading for some reason. I am glad to hear Joe is still there, though. I ended up going with a different vendor that had more competitive shipping prices.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I just got my tires a week ago from thetireshoppe. There was a delay, but Joe explained to me that he was at an event. BTW-you might want to go with RA-1's. My 888's lastest me 8 two hour days at H2R. ChiliRed was about double that with his RA-1's and still going strong.
Just to be straight here, I feel the R888 is a faster tire than the RA1, but not by much, maybe half a second or so per 1.5 miles of track. On my last set of R888's I got a total of 6 track days (about 2 hours per day). My last set of RA1's went 16 days (Un-shaved).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts