The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are now getting titanQRs with yellow housings to futher differentiate them from the slow and lowly stock ratio rack. ;)

Learn more here: titanQR

Attachments

·
Registered
679 Posts
Hey Shinoo, will that match my SY? J/K, looks good

·
Registered
527 Posts
We are now getting titanQRs with yellow housings to futher differentiate them from the slow and lowly stock ratio rack. ;)
Do these come preloaded?

Anybody here using this? I would like more reviews. My current steering rack is very klunkable! Looking for replacement. MiniBizzarrini or 300hpMR2?

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts
Do these come preloaded?

Anybody here using this? I would like more reviews. My current steering rack is very klunkable! Looking for replacement. MiniBizzarrini or 300hpMR2?
+1

I also need a new steering rack and I do not want a repeat performance of my failed stock rack. So how are the QR racks for street driving?

·
Registered
974 Posts
Sorry, not sure what you mean by preloaded.

I am not as skilled in reviewing stuff as others but here are my simple thoughts.

My stock rack had been clunking for thousands of miles so I took it as an opportunity to upgrade to the Titan QR. I have had no issues since it was installed. I think I've put a couple thousand miles on it now, almost all of it on the street. I can't say that the quicker ratio was a world of difference but I do believe I noticed it.

This past weekend I did 2 days of hard driving at an OC Racecraft driving event at the old El Toro Marine Base. The rack performed flawlessly.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I think this might be my next mod, my rack seems a little clunky as well. Maybe this is a widespread problem?
It is a known issue. You can get a new rack if your car is still under warranty.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I've used one all season

It's supposed to be stronger than the stock setup, so that's a good thing. I've really liked the titan on the track. The street may be a little more of a workout if you do a lot of parking, u-turns, etc.

get real comfortable working with your head crammed up against your pedals to install it. It was a lot of cussing, but it had to be done!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Is it safe to say this aftermarket version will be more robust than the stock one? My warranty was over about 20days ago and now my steering rack goes. Looks like I might need a replacement but I don't want 2 have to change this again in 2yrs time. Any other reviews people?

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I just installed my titanQR rack with Carl's invaluable help. This is definitely a two-person job.

Getting the splined u-joint attached was impossible until a phone call to Shinoo revealed that the split in the u-joint needs to be opened up at least 0.010" to accommodate the slightly larger diameter on the new rack. So we removed the lower section of the steering linkage and spread it in a vise. Then it went on fairly easily.

Carl did a neat trick using his laser magnetically attached to the brake discs to keep the alignment unchanged.

The yellow steering rack matches my yellow sway bar, which matches my SY car ;)

Thanks,

Joe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts