The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone...bought an Elise from out of state. The previous owner is sending me the title and I'm having the car shipped. I live in VA and getting an appointment at the DMV is at least a month out due to COVID restrictions. Looks like doing it all online isn't an option. I was thinking...is it possible to go to a used car dealer and ask them to process temp tags until I can get in the DMV? Obviously I would pay them for their time. Anyone think of other options?? Thanks in advance for your input!
Scott

·
Registered
92 Posts
I am in Virginia as well and looking for an Elise. You can print off a “trip permit” online if you need to go get your inspection and/or emissions. I think you can still register and title by mail due to COVID. attached

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am in Virginia as well and looking for an Elise. You can print off a “trip permit” online if you need to go get your inspection and/or emissions. I think you can still register and title by mail due to COVID. attached
Thanks so much!! I made an appointment but I can't get anything until the end of July. Huge help with this! Appreciate it!! And good luck on your search!
Scott

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
AAA do registrations in VA? You'll want the roadside assistance. Remember only flat beds for towing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts