The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...I'm not sure I like you anymore. :(

I mean, I loved everyone when we were all in the same position...waiting and waiting for the car to arrive. But now, we are not all equal. Some have already made the next leap into "the order club" and I'm feeling really really really jealous.

Maybe I'm just moody today (the girl side of me occasionally comes out). The wait is really starting to bother me. My stomach is in knots, and I feel like crying whenever I hear something new and exciting about the car because it continues to be so far out of reach.

Sigh...needed to vent.

Lil

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
If it makes you feel any better. Got the call, placed my order, then the next day got another call...oops, I'm #11 so my order didn't go through. Was upset for about a day. Going in knew I was in line for a 2nd or 3rd month car. So it really doesn't matter. Just got to wait a little longer.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to hear that LarryB. They got your hopes up just to have them ripped away. That should be a crime.

I guess I'll be with you during the next order batch.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Lillie,

I will let you look at mine. Really. No.. don't touch.

(just kidding)

In order of superiority-

1. Has car. Muahhahahha. We rule! DOes Victory Dance and then goes out and touches car again.
2. Has car on order. Waiting for shipment and arrival. Hahaha! My car is on order, your's is not!
3. Waiting for that phone call. lol... it's not so bad really. Just waiting.
4. Waiting to get on list...soon.
5. Wishing could buy an Elise.
6. What is a Lotus?

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess being 3rd isnt too bad. I'm just one of those impatient young people.

So, um, all jokes aside, since you will get your car atleast a month before me, can I touch it? Pretty please? I'll bake you some cookies!

·
Registered
591 Posts
You are lucky!

You haven't had to go through the anguish of deciding how to order it. Compromise on the color because your choice was unpopular (with my wife and most every one else). Then fret over the fact that you didn't get what you really wanted. Then talk your spouse into your unpopular color and then go back to the dealer and change your order. Then worry you made a mistake from a resale perspective. Then worry that the color won't look like you hope it will, because all the pictures of your color are different. Then read on the boards that your color is the "worst" color. Then everybody is saying that you shouldn't get the Sports Package unless you are going to track the car regularly. Then they say, if you're going to really be competitive on a national level you shouldn't get the Sports package because you will just throw most of it out.

All of this would really bother someone if they cared what other people thought or about resale value. Fortunately, the only other vote that counts is my wife's and she finally relented on the color, as long she gets to drive from time to time and that we have the roof out when we go on trips, or whenever she wants. Now before anyone thinks I am hen pencked, my wife surprised me by going and putting the deposit down a long time ago. Because of her, I am in the first batch of cars. She is great!

Plus, once you order, the wait is even more painful, because you are so close, yet so far.

Greg

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
LOL Greg, as long as you didn't order the purple or krypton green. Oh.. what? .....

My wife wants the purple too.

·
Registered
591 Posts
erm,....

Aubergine is not purple, it is eggplant :) (I hope it is not really Barney Purple)

Thanks for helping me feel better about my decision.

My wife likes the Aztec Bronze, we had compromised on the Bordeaux Pearl Red.

I think the Sport Package will not be a problem. I owned a Z06 and founf the ride pleasant. I am a little concerned about tire wear, as it will be a daily driver for me.

Greg

·
Registered
364 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Lillie,

I will let you look at mine. Really. No.. don't touch.

(just kidding)

In order of superiority-

1. Has car. Muahhahahha. We rule! DOes Victory Dance and then goes out and touches car again.
2. Has car on order. Waiting for shipment and arrival. Hahaha! My car is on order, your's is not!
3. Waiting for that phone call. lol... it's not so bad really. Just waiting.
4. Waiting to get on list...soon.
5. Wishing could buy an Elise.
6. What is a Lotus?
That would put me at #5..... :(
and I will be there a while as I have a youngun in Jr High.

This is a good spot for my first post.
Found ya'll from the roadfly MINI board.
John

·
Registered
364 Posts
Oops! You reckon the roadfly elise board knows! ;)

Welcome, you'll find this a great site for elise info. All the latest rumors, speculation etc.

Chris
It was one of those I went there then to there then to there ... connections. I just left out all the kind folks that got me here.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,107 Posts
My gripe is that I placed my deposit in Jan '03 and I know there are people who placed deposits months later who are in the first batch. Guess they were smarter than I in their dealer choice?! Ya lucky buggers!

Greg,

Your purple is very cool. Don't listen to the critics. Ya made a great choice.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I am not really worried about what people other than my wife thinks of my color choice. I was just trying to make Modern Wedgie feel better about her wait. :D

As long as the purple is darker than Nehi Grape Soda, I am OK. If it comes in Violet, I may have to paint it! I see from the color poll than someone else ordered the Aubergine. I am thinking that those Krypton Green and Aztec Bronze people are feeling either great (for their individuality) or very lonely.

Mostly I just can't stand the wait! I want the car here now! If I throw a tantrum, will it get here quicker? :)

Greg

1 - 20 of 25 Posts