The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To attention of all amateurs of railway transport!
Our new portal - http://www.trainsimz.org
Forum of our intercourse - http://forum.trainsimz.org
Real railway transport - http://forum.trainsimz.org/index.php?c=4
Discussion of passenger transportations on a railway transport - http://forum.trainsimz.
org/index.php?showforum=27
Calendars with the real mobile composition - http://forum.trainsimz.org/index.php?showtopic=266
Railways landscape - http://forum.trainsimz.org/index.php?showtopic=391

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NMRJock said:
Huh? :shrug:
Better glance calendars with locomotives is the same in general abaldet' it is possible!

Yes, I from Russia, search the proper forums of other countries. And this while turns out not very much well at me. I ask to judge not strictly.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
LMFAO !!!

The Elise is, after all, "on rails" ;)

I think he's saying he was searching for "rail ways" or some such thing and found us! :D

PS - best part is "Forum of our intercourse" <--- is this work safe? :p

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
transio said:
LMFAO !!!

The Elise is, after all, "on rails" ;)

I think he's saying he was searching for "rail ways" or some such thing and found us! :D

PS - best part is "Forum of our intercourse" <--- is this work safe? :p
I beg pardon for the broken language is I write through translator, because does not understand on anglyysky. I searched railways sites and railways forums. But, how healthily to communicate through such distance!

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
welcome, tovarisch

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
VL10 said:
I searched railways sites and railways forums.
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I was laughing at you! I found it amusing that this site is returned from a search for railway forums!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
transio said:
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I was laughing at you! I found it amusing that this site is returned from a search for railway forums!
All in a norm, friend! All is in our time! Here, by the way, one of my calendars:

Attachments

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
3 Degrees of the Elise.

In a previous career... I was a project manager for the US Government's rail based MX Defense program. Fun times with railcars. Very heavy railcars.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Randy Chase said:
I was a project manager for the US Government's rail based MX Defense program.
What company? TRW?

I was involved in deploying the Peacekeeper in silos, and we were preparing for the deployment of the rail garrison system when George got on TV one Friday evening and declared that peace was breaking out, and the missile programs were canceled...

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
I was in charge of the video surviellance security system for a subcontractor of Rockwell. They were building the cars in San Bernardino.

Fascinating and screwed up program really.

Some tidbits-

The cars had pop up machine guns. The video cameras were all around the cars and hidden. The cars were designed to look like normal railroad freight cars, rust and all.

The video cameras were able to see in near pitch black without using IR. The downside, they had trouble if they pointed toward the sun.

The video feeds were fed into a processing unit that would use software to sense movement, define the shape of the moving item, determine if it was a cow or human, set off alarms, per-aim the turret guns at the item.

The cars were designed to withstand nuclear war. The walls were incredibly think steel. The cars ended up being very heavy. I think two cars carried armed warheads. One was command and control. One carried 27 personel.

Funny thing was touring the railroad people in SoCal and finding out that the max weight rating of many of the turns and trestles was under the weight of the MX cars.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
I worked for TRW on the actual deployment of the Peacekeeper into the silos, and this was going to carry over to building the garrisons and assembling the missiles and trains. The trains were not actually going to "cruise the rails" - they were going to stay on the bases in bunkers unless the "DefCon" was high - then the trains would scatter all over the country and park waiting to launch if necessary. They would have been able to launch from the garrison if necessary.

I was also slightly involved with the mapping of the country's railroad system (for launch sites and how long it would take to get there). Lots of info that I've since forgotten about right of way, who owns what, etc. that had to be accounted for - not for the actual usage of the rail garrison system, but for the training or the operators.

Funny about the camera security system. I also worked on a project that was testing the feasibility of using Doppler radar along with a lot of artificial intelligence to guard the current missile silos.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Another funny story from that career...

As I mentioned, the rail cars were cleverly hidden and disguised to look like everyday rail cars. They were built somewhere in the midwest and then pulled along the railways to San Bernardino and Rockwell.

Rockwell received a letter from a Trainspotter somewhere in the middle of the country. He had seen these cars and wanted to know why they were something he had never seen before.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
xfactor said:
how about 3 degrees of nukes to lotus?

My dad worked on the Persian missile systems in Germany, I think around the same time he ordered his Europa.
Well, not quite nukes, but...

My first job out of college was developing Finite Stress Analysis software and analyzing the thermal stress of the nuclear reactors for the Trident submarines. That was when I bought my first Lotus - my Elan that's in my Avatar...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts