The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whether it is nobler in the eyes of men to replace fuse#1, 20 amp, (the accessory socket) with a 10 amp fuse after changing it out for the radio shack socket. The RS part comes rated as 10 amps, so I was thinking out with the 20A, in with the 10A?. THe RS part comes with a 10 A in line, but those wires get removed when doing the swap.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
10 amp, for sure.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Going lower will not hurt, it's going above that does. Sounds like your device has an 'inline fuse" which you cannot go wrong. It's protecting not only your original harness but the 'after market' unit you wish to installl.

My own opinion on this.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Going lower will not hurt, it's going above that does. Sounds like your device has an 'inline fuse" which you cannot go wrong. It's protecting not only your original harness but the 'after market' unit you wish to installl.

My own opinion on this.
Correct it comes w/ the inline fuse, but all that is discarded as the new socket is a "direct replacement" for the old. So the original Lotus connections hook right up. The only fuse in the circuit is #1 in the fusebox. 10 amp it is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts