The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I have been on this forum for a while just reading and getting a flavor of the community. I would say that there are a number of interesting individuals with a passion for cars!!!

I have in the lookout for decent-priced Elise's. Of course, there's a problem entering used US models in Canada (I'm from Montreal).

Anyway, I Googled this ad on Craiglist with a Lotus Elise at a price of $14K. I know, if its to good to be true, then it's not.

Here's the link: 2005 Lotus Elise - Montréal autos usagés à vendre - Kijiji Montréal

What are thoughts on this?

Much appreciated.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
TYPO !!!!!!!!!! or it's salvaged.

( by the way...the best flavor is Chrome Orange )

·
Registered
6,574 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I have been on this forum for a while just reading and getting a flavor of the community. I would say that there are a number of interesting individuals with a passion for cars!!!

I have in the lookout for decent-priced Elise's. Of course, there's a problem entering used US models in Canada (I'm from Montreal).

Anyway, I Googled this ad on Craiglist with a Lotus Elise at a price of $14K. I know, if its to good to be true, then it's not.

Here's the link: 2005 Lotus Elise - Montréal autos usagés Ã* vendre - Kijiji Montréal

Much appreciated.
It's local for you, call the guy, get all the info, go see the car. Let us know what you find out.

Nobody here can tell you anything other than a decent, low mileage Elise that has not been salvaged has not, to anyone's knowledge, sold for $14K.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
There's no such thing as a 2005 canadian Elise. So it's likely a US car. -poke-

If it's a US car, you won't be able to register it. :no:

My 06 Elise was 67,000$+tx, do you think I would sell it for 14,000$ after 2 years? Really? Seriously? No kidding? rotfl

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Here's the link: 2005 Lotus Elise - Montréal autos usagés à vendre - Kijiji Montréal

Much appreciated.
This car is also listed on the Ottawa kijjiji page. It's either a scam or a typo. I've e-mailed the guy (he left no number). We'll see his response.

·
Registered
222 Posts
2005 has to be a US car (if this is not a scam) Canada only starting selling Elise in 2006... ask the guy for the serial number and then call Bernard @ John Scotti in Montreal to verify the number. if you local to the car, go see it. if you are not, there are some Elise owners in Ottawa that i know.

In my opinion this is definitely too good to be true.. BUT you never know.. its worth investigating.

·
Registered
391 Posts
2005 has to be a US car (if this is not a scam) Canada only starting selling Elise in 2006... ask the guy for the serial number and then call Bernard @ John Scotti in Montreal to verify the number. if you local to the car, go see it. if you are not, there are some Elise owners in Ottawa that i know.

In my opinion this is definitely too good to be true.. BUT you never know.. its worth investigating.
Yah it's local to me, if he responds, I don't expect anything to come out of this. I'm guessing it's a scam. And if it's not a scam and it really is a 2005, there's no point since it can't be registered.

Thanks for the offer. Yah, I've noticed a handful of Elises' in Ottawa-Gatineau area (I'd guessetimate 5 or 6).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I appreciate all your thoughts on this. I'll put info on this thread when (or if) I get a response to the email I sent.

We'll see what happens next.

Thanks

·
Registered
391 Posts
So this is the reply I got from the guy, obviously a scam:

Hello

I'm glad to hear that you are interested about my car.The price is $14,000.00
The car is in perfect working condition.
It has no scratches on and hasn't been involved in an accident, no rust.
The motor runs very well.This is an amazing car!! Its always babied and garage kept.
My only reason for selling it is because my bills are piling up from college.Its expensive here in Wien and I don't have the extra money to keep this car.I've lowered my price on it in hopes of selling is sooner.
So, if you want to buy it, I am covering the cost for shipping and will include insurance for the trip.
The delivery will take between 5 and 7 business days (with insurance and 30 days return policy).
The payment will be completed using eBay secure pay services o we can both be protected!
Let me know if you are interested.
I have reserved the car for you,but I will need your answer in the next couple of days.

Thanks for viewing!

P.S: If you want pictures of the car please let me know.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Scam. Ebay does not have protective services unless you actually win a auction. THATS IT. It is a scam walk away.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Scam. Ebay does not have protective services unless you actually win a auction. THATS IT. It is a scam walk away.
No doubt about it, knew it from the moment I read the add. No way in hell you're gonna get an Elise for $14,000 in Canada. Plus the fact that it was a 2005.

Do some people actually fall for this stuff?

I only sent him the e-mail for amusement.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
It has no scratches on and hasn't been involved in an accident, no rust.
rotfl NO RUST! rotfl Fiberglass and aluminum... rotfl

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, it's been a week since I sent an email to the seller with no response. Obviously, somethings up.

14K for this car was definitely to good to be true. Now, I need to come back to reality and save some $$$ for a real one ;-)

Thanks for all input.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Well, it's been a week since I sent an email to the seller with no response. Obviously, somethings up.

14K for this car was definitely to good to be true. Now, I need to come back to reality and save some $$$ for a real one ;-)

Thanks for all input.
Read above what the seller responded to me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts