• Just checking this site out - Keep the S, let a buddy buy an Elise

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a few users with the same usernames over at s2ki.com. a quick poll for you 2000 owners; I'll go first

·
Registered
607 Posts
Sie und ich! (Deutsch...)

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Can't afford to have the S2000 and the Elise since I have the Exige. So, if I buy an Elise, the S2000 has to. I really love the S2000 so it's going to be a hard decision. The idea of two Loti in the garage does sound good though.....

Anyone want to buy a S2000 that's in perfect condition???

;) :D :cool:

PS - I'm not really a cross-poster at s2ki since I'm banned from that site. :cool: :cool: :cool: :D

·
Registered
963 Posts
I can't afford both, so I'm hoping to sell the S2K. Mine is only a late 2002 MY, so by the time I sell it next year, I'd only have had it not even two years. I may owe more on it than I can sell it for. If I have to take a huge hit, I'm going to have to keep the S, which won't kill me. I'll just try to sell it again later the next year.

Also, I'm still waiting to hear what the insurance is going to cost. That will be a big factor on if I get the Elise at all.

I love the S2K, but want something more raw. The S2K is only a weekend/fun car, so it's not like it an everyday driver, neither will the Elise.

It sucks to be poor. My other car is a used 2002 Kia Rio!:eek:

·
Registered
607 Posts
To help pay for the Elise, I will have to sell 1991 BRG Miata that has original everything with only 5000 mi (five thousand miles, or might be 4K)!!! Something has to go, and it's a tough decision, but the garage queen has to go instead of the car where both my son and I can be on the track at the same time in more comparable cars in terms of performance.

Know anyone wanting such a Miata with hardtop? #440 out of 4000 of this limited edition. Breaks my heart but Elise soothes it.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
I could afford both... but the S is a lease (up in June '04, incidentally), and I've beaten it to hell. It will have to go.

Even if I owned the S, I would still probably sell it and buy a pickup or other utility vehicle instead.... why on earth would I want two sports cars?

Well, that's how I feel :p

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
transio said:
.... why on earth would I want two sports cars?

Well, that's how I feel :p
Good question - and when it comes to sports cars, there probably isn't a rational answer (ask Jay Leno).

I'm going to try to hold onto both - that's the plan now, although I said the same when I got the S and had my motorcycle. The bike just sat there since the wife really didn't like being a pillion - so I finally got rid of it.

The S has some significance since I've owned it for 4 years now and I still love it. We'll see.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Prolene

I might know someone that is interested in the Miata.

Send some pictures when you get a chance.

·
Registered
607 Posts
meat said:
Prolene

I might know someone that is interested in the Miata.

Send some pictures when you get a chance.
PM will be sent to you, meat.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
I'm ditching my S2000 for sure. I really like the S2000, but my wife had a few questions for me when I bought it. She wanted to know how long I planned to keep it (I have a problem with keeping a vehicle for more than a year and a half). I told her that I couldn't really think of anything else I wanted and that the only reason I'd get rid of it was if they ever brought the Elise over. So there you go.

·
Registered
296 Posts
andykeck said:
I told her that I couldn't really think of anything else I wanted and that the only reason I'd get rid of it was if they ever brought the Elise over. So there you go.
Good man, full disclosure. There's no way she can argue now.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
L8BRAKR said:
Good man, full disclosure. There's no way she can argue now.:rolleyes:
LOL... She's a woman, isn't she? She could FIND a way to argue if she wanted to. My girlfriend even found something to complain about: "Oh, so I won't let you get a bike, so this is the next best thing, huh?" Ugh.... why can't they just get it?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
meat said:
Can't afford to have the S2000 and the Elise since I have the Exige. So, if I buy an Elise, the S2000 has to. I really love the S2000 so it's going to be a hard decision. The idea of two Loti in the garage does sound good though.....

Anyone want to buy a S2000 that's in perfect condition???

;) :D :cool:

PS - I'm not really a cross-poster at s2ki since I'm banned from that site. :cool: :cool: :cool: :D
#1) Why are you banned? That site has gone to sh*t over the past year anyhow (Yo my exaust is way biGGer Adds 80 horse power) blah blah. steer racin punks

#2) Is your Exige registered for road use?

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
I AM thinking about getting another BMW M Coupe, though... in fact, I'm gonna start a thread about that car. Look for it ;-)

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I'm banned because I don't agree with the "management" there and I let them know about it.

I'm also one of those crazy people that started the S2KCA.

No, the Exige is track-only.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts