The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
i have actually already made that a habit. if the engine is on so are the lights...even if they DO point at the ground right in front of the car!

·
Registered
241 Posts
I hate being right sometimes...

From a previous thread:

Someone was waffling between red and some shade of gray / silver and I chimed in with:

I would pick red on the Elise for 2 reasons:

1) Safety: the darn car is LOW and any help in being seen by the buffoons in Explorers on their cell phones will help

2) Fun: it's a toy.

The first reason would preclude me from ever buying one in a shade of silver or gray. I had a silver NSX and I was practically invisible. My wife (gf at the time) has a yellow one. It was amazing how different the same traffic on the same commute would react to the two cars. I was constantly getting cut off in the silver car and NEVER in the yellow one. Heck, I could swear that the sleeping masses in the left lane would wake up and move over when I came up behind them in the yellow one.

The second reason led me to my color choice. My Elise will be CO (if my turn ever gets here)...

Thread:

http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4644

I instinctively put the lights on whenever I get in one of our 2 silver cars (and they are much bigger than an Elise...).

And yes, Chrome Orange is on the way!!!

Ara

1 - 7 of 7 Posts