The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any members local to Los Angleles willing to take me for a spin in their VF powered Lotus? I am saving my pennies for the SC kit, and would like to know what im getting myself into.

Much appreciated

R

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but the most fun is when you get to take your car out for the first time after the install and are totally surprised by the new power!
See thats the thing. I want to make sure that its not a let down! I'm 75% sure I want the VF kit (fits the budget), but I dont want to regret not saving a bit more and getting the TVS REV300...
Ive read a few members going from VF2 stage 2 to the TVS REV300 -> TVS REV400.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Upgrades

See thats the thing. I want to make sure that its not a let down! I'm 75% sure I want the VF kit (fits the budget), but I dont want to regret not saving a bit more and getting the TVS REV300...
Ive read a few members going from VF2 stage 2 to the TVS REV300 -> TVS REV400.
From the other side of the world.
I had a naturally aspirated Elise and loved it. Then I self installed the BWR kit and what a transformation. Everything about the way the car drove was improved markedly. Very happy until I went for a country drive on a chilly night and floored it overtaking someone. The accelation was amazing compared to what I was used to. The cold air made that much difference. Then I decided to go with the inter cooled VF kit. Again I was more than happy with the car until I was driving home from a trackday with a friend who had just installed the Rev 400 kit and had not yet had it properly tuned. On the track we had about the same performance but on the freeway we booted it side by side in third gear. He just left me and got about 15 mtrs ahead then we were very even. Until then I had not even noticed the lag that the long inlet track of the VF kit caused. Anyway I upgraded again to the Rev 400 with lots of strengthening as it is my daily driver. Now very happy with near supercar performance. 12.01 qtr mile in my heavy Elise.
Good luck, they are all fantastic options.
PS all of my previous kits are installed on local cars in Perth.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,455 Posts
In other words, you'll never be happy with what you have once you experience something better/faster.

San

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
In other words, you'll never be happy with what you have once you experience something better/faster.

San
I used to think this until I settled into my 236 RWHP supercharged Exige. The balance to me is perfect. I already can't use all of it's power at the track because of my skills as a driver. If I want to go fast in a straight line I'll just hop on my motorcycle :)

I don't mind losing to the faster cars on the straights... I've gotten used to that since I used to own an NA Elise rotfl

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I haven't seen a VF kit on a car in socal. We were talking about the VF kit at a meet and someone mentioned that there is at least 1 guy in the area that has one, but I don't think he comes out much. Not sure who he is either. Worst case, you can find someone in the area with an Exige S and a small pulley, that shouldn't be too hard and should feel similar.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I'll give you a ride Ryan!

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,455 Posts
I used to think this until I settled into my 236 RWHP supercharged Exige. The balance to me is perfect. I already can't use all of it's power at the track because of my skills as a driver. If I want to go fast in a straight line I'll just hop on my motorcycle :)

I don't mind losing to the faster cars on the straights... I've gotten used to that since I used to own an NA Elise rotfl
I've dropped around 100 pounds from my 2007 Exige S and am at 281 rwhp. My motorcycle makes 178 rwhp.

Enough is never enough. You'll always want more.

San

1 - 17 of 17 Posts