The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i might be talking cr*p he but it seemed to me from some S1 tech papers, that the tierod had to be popped out of the spindle to adjust toe.
Is this correct?
If so, Is this applicable to the S2 as well?
m.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Every car I have had required the tie rod to be popped out at the ball joint. I've never had a car with a left hand right hand thread that allowed adjustment with the tie rod on. When I had my Europa I made rear lower links with left had/right hand threads I could adjust on the car. The only thing is once I set them I didn't need to adjust them again.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
thegit said:
i might be talking cr*p he but it seemed to me from some S1 tech papers, that the tierod had to be popped out of the spindle to adjust toe.
Is this correct?
Nope..

Toe adjustment is done with everything in place.

At the front you just undo the locknut on the steering arm and then screw them in/out of the track rod end.

At the back you undo 2 lockunts on the track rods and then turn these to shorten/lengthen them.

Very simple. Very, very sensitive though, especially at the front. Keep a good eye on the alignment machine when tigthening the locknuts again as this probably moved the toe setting... Need to take this into account..

Bye, Arno.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts