The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is at the dealership being aligned. They commented the rear toe on the track setting sheet I provided is quite aggressive. This is the 3 page copy I received when the car was purchased. They read the number to me in minutes which I cannot remember exactly. I will stop by in the morning to have a look at the numbers before the job is complete. What should the numbers look like in minutes for the rear toe? The spec for the '07 Exige that I have is 1.8mm toe in per side. Just want to be sure the conversion is correct. They said this is more aggressive then their race cars!:shrug:

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
My car is at the dealership being aligned. They commented the rear toe on the track setting sheet I provided is quite aggressive. This is the 3 page copy I received when the car was purchased. They read the number to me in minutes which I cannot remember exactly. I will stop by in the morning to have a look at the numbers before the job is complete. What should the numbers look like in minutes for the rear toe? The spec for the '07 Exige that I have is 1.8mm toe in per side. Just want to be sure the conversion is correct. They said this is more aggressive then their race cars!:shrug:
1.8 mm of toe on a 17" wheel equals 0.239 degrees of toe, or 14.33 minutes.

Lotus spec is 0.20 to 0.27 degrees of rear toe, which is 12 to 16.2 minutes...

The conversion between degrees and minutes is just to multiply the number in degrees by 60 to get minutes... but you probably already knew that...

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
i'm an engineer and i can't do math... go figure!

hey Paul - at least it didn't fall off the lift, burst into flames, and sink in a flood :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts