The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is consensus for toe settings, front and rear, for the super stock class?

Here's my stats

2005 Lotus Elise
LSS
BWR Sway bar, 4th setting
205f, 245r Hoosiers A6

I've got a fare bit of low speed mid-corner understeer. Pat Salerno drove my car this weekend and he said that the toe needs to be adjusted.

I did some searching and couldn't find much. I'm thinking zero of a 1/16 toe out on the front or maybe a bit of toe in on the rear.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
1,966 Posts

Here's my stats

2005 Lotus Elise
LSS
205f, 245r Hoosiers A6

I've got a fare bit of low speed mid-corner understeer. Pat Salerno drove my car this weekend and he said that the toe needs to be adjusted.

I did some searching and couldn't find much. I'm thinking zero of a 1/16 toe out on the front or maybe a bit of toe in on the rear.

Thanks,
Chris
A little toe-out on the front can help turn-in and understeer, 1/16 is a good place to start. Be a little more cautious about the rear toe, the factory toe-in is probably about right. A little less will make the rear looser, but you may find it gets unstable at times.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rear toe

Do you know the factory rear toe setting? I'd like to double check it.

Thanks!
Chris

·
Registered
1,966 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Rear Toe

~3/16 total toe-in for the rear and you will be happy.

·
Vendor
3,269 Posts

Here's my stats

2005 Lotus Elise
LSS
205f, 245r Hoosiers A6

Thanks,
Chris
Chris,

Run up to 1/4" toe out in the front. Additionally you can run as little as 1/16-1/8 toe-in, in the rear. This will help the car rotate and then you can stiffen the bar to taste to help transitional response.

I ran this setup on street tires this past weekend with 205 RE01-Rs in front and 245 a032s in the rear and I won the street-tire index class. You will want to over-drive into corners and use trail brake to help the car rotate on corner entry.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Chris,

Run up to 1/4" toe out in the front. Additionally you can run as little as 1/16-1/8 toe-in, in the rear. This will help the car rotate and then you can stiffen the bar to taste to help transitional response.

I ran this setup on street tires this past weekend with 205 RE01-Rs in front and 245 a032s in the rear and I won the street-tire index class. You will want to over-drive into corners and use trail brake to help the car rotate on corner entry.
Wow cool, your local region lets you run in street tire class if only 2 of the tires are 140+ treadwear?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts