The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week on Thursday I think I stepped out of my office to go home when a white Elise went ripping down Dixie Highway in Perrysburg Ohio, heading south. Anyone here from that area with a white Elise? I'm wondering, is there a good repair shop in the Toledo/Perrysburg area that you can recommend?

Thanks!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I use to live down that way (up in Detroit area now), if you want a good repair shop, then I would take the car up to Auto Europe in Birmingham, MI. Central Classic in Toledo use to be somewhat of a Lotus Dealer I think, but they stopped that (and they don't have a repair shop). There isn't any Lotus certified dealers/shops in Toledo area, that I know of. If you can make the hour trip north, then Auto Europe is what I would recommend, they are great for getting parts and have heard good things about them in terms of repairs (haven't used them myself since I work on my own car, but they always have a few Lotuses being worked on if I go in for parts and talking with them when I had my PPI done on my car, they know their stuff).

However, I know there are quite a few Elise's down in Toledo (they'll show up on occasion to Toledo Cars and Coffee), so not sure if those owners have a closer suggestion like a local independent shop or if they work on their own cars.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use to live down that way (up in Detroit area now), if you want a good repair shop, then I would take the car up to Auto Europe in Birmingham, MI. Central Classic in Toledo use to be somewhat of a Lotus Dealer I think, but they stopped that (and they don't have a repair shop). There isn't any Lotus certified dealers/shops in Toledo area, that I know of. If you can make the hour trip north, then Auto Europe is what I would recommend, they are great for getting parts and have heard good things about them in terms of repairs (haven't used them myself since I work on my own car, but they always have a few Lotuses being worked on if I go in for parts and talking with them when I had my PPI done on my car, they know their stuff).

However, I know there are quite a few Elise's down in Toledo (they'll show up on occasion to Toledo Cars and Coffee), so not sure if those owners have a closer suggestion like a local independent shop or if they work on their own cars.
Thanks for the reply. I live up in the Detroit area and use Auto Europe, but coming from Ann Arbor, it's a pretty big hassle to get there during their working hours. I work down in Perrysburg and a repair shop down there would make life a lot easier. I thought seeing that white Elise right outside my work that there were some other Lotus owners in the area and might have a secret shop I could use. Hopefully someone will chime in.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I live up in the Detroit area and use Auto Europe, but coming from Ann Arbor, it's a pretty big hassle to get there during their working hours. I work down in Perrysburg and a repair shop down there would make life a lot easier. I thought seeing that white Elise right outside my work that there were some other Lotus owners in the area and might have a secret shop I could use. Hopefully someone will chime in.
Fully understood, I'm even closer (Novi area) to where they are and still getting over there can be a complete pain (especially with all the traffic). If I have to go for parts, I usually just take a half day or a day off since it can still take a good couple hours to get over there and back (once again, stupid traffic and construction). If they were open on Saturdays, that would work, but unfortunately they are not and open only during standard working hours during the week. Hopefully some of the Toledo guys as I know there are a few can chime in on what they do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts