The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
12 hours & counting. Hopping a plane in the am from austin to dallas to pick up my new 2013 2+2 white ips evora. Wish me luck, pictures most definitely to follow.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Congrats and happy trails. :clap: Make sure they go over the car with you if you are going to be jumping in it and driving for several hours. Also read the break in instructions in the owners manual if it's a new car.

·
Premium Member
6,988 Posts
Don't be afraid to get on it a bit, just avoid the sustained high rpms. By 500 miles you SHOULD walk it right up to 6500rpms periodically as you row through the gears. Seating the rings is the most under appreciated part of motor break in. Its a Toyota motor not some piece of crystal. My S hit the track at 996 miles and has been driven flat out ever since! I should know as I runn'm hard as anyone and I always get strong, non oil burning motors doing it as motor builders have taught me.

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
nothing like the anticipation of picking up a Lotus. :UK: :panic:

The day before is almost unreal.

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
867 Posts
Congratulations on the purchase! By this time, you should already have it and be in love with the way it drives. Be sure to tell us about it and post some pictures!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
YES!!!! Just a drop-dead gorgeous car, never experienced anything like it, have had a couple of 911's, a panamera, and a caddie xlr, and this is just on another level alltogether. The white with black wheels really looks great and i was worried about the imperial blue interior, looks sort of light purpleish in the dealer's pics but is really more like navy blue in person, The ips was fine, no issues there, and allows me to let my wife & son drive her with only a minimal heart attack. Seats are super comfy, a/c nice and cool in the texas heat, stereo sounded great, but i'm no audiophile...st vincent was thumpin' all the way back from dallas to austin. New toll roads have speed limits of 85mph in some places...gotta love texas for that. Sure all the cockpit info is impossible to read, the parking break feels a little flimsy, and the volume button on the stereo is designed for hands the size of a 5 year old,'s, but THIS CAR IS FRIGGIN AMAZING!
Pics to follow!

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
:shift: VERY Cool!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Congratulations!

Another Evora in Austin - there are handful but I've only ever see one other on the road so if you ever venture south of William Cannon, I'll be looking out for you.

Enjoy - there are some great roads in the Hill Country where you can stretch it's legs.

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Congrats! There aren't a lot of cars with the blue interior so we need pics!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
image.jpg

Super crappy iphone pic in the dark, will get better one's soon

·
Registered
606 Posts
Definitely want to see some pics of the interior!

·
Closet Petrolhead
99 Posts
Yyyyeahhh! GORGEOUS!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts