The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took a photo of my Elise for use on my TOMTOM as the car icon.

I tried uploading it to their network but they were having server issues. You can download it here for your TOMTOM: http://www.clubfl.com/car/elise.bmp

You need to connect your TOMTOM to your computer then open it's drive and place the image inside the "art/car" folder. It works pretty well, don't worry about the "red" it's transparent in the device.

·
Banned
874 Posts
cool but i have a Garmin:(

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
lol, that makes me want to go buy a TomTom! :D

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...where do you have that installed in your elise?..

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's portable so if I'm going somewhere I've never been before it goes in that particular car. I have been using the Elise a lot so I decided to add this image. I also have images from my other cars loaded up in it. I usually just mount it low and off center towards the passenger side... works well and doesn't interfere with the view much.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have a TomTom ONE and love it. Unfortunately, with the "ONE" you can not upload images. Unless someone else knows you can??? Please let me know. When I get to the screen to add images and voices, the image one is not shaded and the help screen says this model does not support images. So disappointed. Guess I'll have to upgrade my TomTom.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
njcu,
which model do you have, and how do you like it?
does it always work, or does it do weird things?
i am asking because i started a thread about tom tom a few days ago, and am not sure if i want one or not.
thanks
Fish

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
njcu,
which model do you have, and how do you like it?
does it always work, or does it do weird things?
i am asking because i started a thread about tom tom a few days ago, and am not sure if i want one or not.
thanks
Fish
I have the TOMTOM One XL. It's never been weird on me. It does it's job fairly well and I like it over some of the other GPS out there.

There is only one thing that I don't like about it. It doesn't like my iPhone... It doesn't want to mate via bluetooth which means I don't get the traffic warning functionality. (Newer version does support iPhone though) Other than that it's pretty cherry. I personally feel that it's the most bang for your buck in it's class. I'll look for your other thread and see if there was anything in particular you were interested in knowing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts