The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't see this posted anywhere, it's in German but the footage is great

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YwaAPwvaCkE&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YwaAPwvaCkE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

·
Registered
545 Posts
I did not catch which one he liked better. I did notice the start button in the Toniq matched the one in my Elise.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I got the impression by the positioning of the cars at the end that he preferred the Toniq :shrug:

Now if Randy would just get his butt in gear so I can see a Toniq in person before I buy a Caterham -poke- :D

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, what he says exactly is that he would prefer the performance of the Caterham combined with the design of the Toniq.

Thanks!

Personally, I actually prefer the classic looks of the Caterham, but want to see a Toniq in person before passing judgement on it.

The difference in performance would be lost on me as I can't drive like that anyway :shrug:

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I feel the same, but there is also a significant difference in price (according to this video): the Toniq's 35,000 Euro vs. the Caterham's 70,000 Euro.

Yeah, that version of the Caterham is pricey, we tested it two years ago and iirc the price was about $66.5k usd, but the Cosworth engine alone was $20k of the price.
A little less extreme version with about 200hp (should still be good for some thrills) can be had for about $38k (though exchange rates may have an effect on that price now)
No official pricing on the Toniq for the US yet *cough* Randy! *cough* ;)

I will probably shop used Sevens and hope to spend around $30k

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Plus it is a bit of apples and oranges. They are using a CSR Superlite vs the old Toniq R.

One of the delays of getting *my* car sorted, is that they have been tweaking the chassis ans suspension with a ex-Lotus engineer's help.. one of the guys responsible for the Elise. They hope to increase the handling. We already know we can increase the power train.

If you compare apples to apples, I would not be surprised to see a well sorted Toniq in the US in the low 30s. We shall see. :)

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Plus it is a bit of apples and oranges. They are using a CSR Superlite vs the old Toniq R.

One of the delays of getting *my* car sorted, is that they have been tweaking the chassis ans suspension with a ex-Lotus engineer's help.. one of the guys responsible for the Elise. They hope to increase the handling. We already know we can increase the power train.

If you compare apples to apples, I would not be surprised to see a well sorted Toniq in the US in the low 30s. We shall see. :)
What were the specs of the one they tested?

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Less German guy talking video. More tasty track action video!

So Randy:
What color is the best? Can you use it as a daily driver? What is the depreciation like? Does anyone make an underwater version? Would you take it to Goodyear to have the tires changed? Will there be a ToniqTalk.com in the near future? (you don't really have to answer any of those)

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
His name is Tim Schrick and his haircut is not a haircut, but his G-force indicator. :)
Is he a well known driver in Germany?

Less German guy talking video. More tasty track action video!

So Randy:
What color is the best? Can you use it as a daily driver? What is the depreciation like? Does anyone make an underwater version? Would you take it to Goodyear to have the tires changed? Will there be a ToniqTalk.com in the near future? (you don't really have to answer any of those)

rotfl

1 - 19 of 19 Posts