The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
any biometric experts out there?

once more cars are delivered it will be interesting to see what the upper height limit is. I'm thinking the critical height dimension will be easily checked using height minus pants inseam.

I clearly need to remove the 'sun visors' to get reasonable vision. It may turn out that I can't fit in the car w/ a helmet and have the top on. But I have not tested the "broom-stick" rule yet by sitting in the car with a helmet.

I'm 6'2" but 'short legged' w/ a 32-in inseam.
Height- inseam= 74- 32 = 42.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
fitting?

Jay I am 6'4" and 240,34" inseam and I fit,so you should be fine.:D :D :D

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Jay said:
any room left for a passenger?
yes funnyman ,in fact the salesman who rode with me wasn't exactly small either.;) :D :cool:

·
Registered
407 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I'm 6'5" tall and I fit. I have removed the visors and am about to remove the dead pedal. Rear view mirror change and seat mods/change to follow.

I did the Lotus driving experience after signing a waiver regarding height. No problem.

"If you want to fit, then you do."

·
Registered
279 Posts
I'm like Peck555,and I fit perfectly. No problem with either the hood down or fitted.

I sign under Chococar's statement:
"If you want to fit, then you do."

Welcome to the Lotus Elise Giant Owner's Club (LEGOC) :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
6'4'", 36"inseam, I fit in fine but wish I had a little more leg room. Removed Sun visors and I'm exchanging the rear view mirror this weekend.

Sign me up to the Lotus Elise Giant Owner's Club (LEGOC)

·
Registered
113 Posts
thanks....and it looks like a smaller rear view mirror is going to be a popular option. that and removal of the visors will help a lot to open up visibility. I do need to see how well a helmet will fit, but there seemed to be enough room.

btw the Lotus guideline allows for drivers to be 18 stone. had to look that one up- 14#/st, or 252 pounds. that shouldn't bee too much of a restriction, unless the passenger is also the same size.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
OK OK how much are the dues? Are the dues giant too?:D welcome one and all to the lotus elise giant owners club :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
759 Posts
Well, as long as we're all coming clean. I too am 6'4" with a 34" inseam and size 15 feet. Good thing for me, my feet are really narrow, like AAA width.

I had three fitment problems with the Elise, and all of them were mostly solved when I took off my shoes. My knees stuck out to either side of the steering wheel, like just about every car, my shoes were a little to big to easily find all the pedals, and my hips bones were a little too wide for the seat.

When I took off my shoes, my feet felt so free around the pedals. My knees could now fit under the wheel because my legs were now about an inch shorter. And because my legs were now straight forward instead of to the side, my hips almost fit inside the seat properly.

I'm looking for some everyday racing shoes now. And I hope to remove the leather and shave down a little bit of the seat to make space for my boney bottom. :)

The headroom was just large enough, and I found I fit better with the seat maybe an inch forward from the back. Also, that would prevent my head from hitting the roll bar during a rear end collision. (The seat bends back a tiny bit with force.)

·
Registered
421 Posts
NtflBlueLiz said:
6'4'", 36"inseam, I fit in fine but wish I had a little more leg room. Removed Sun visors and I'm exchanging the rear view mirror this weekend.
...and that gave you more leg room? Could I suggest you try sitting the other way up?

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
I read in one of the books that the Elise is designed to a 97th percentile American.

It looks like you can also make some slight adjustments to the pedals to gain a hair more room. All three are adjustable to a degree.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
the funny thing is that "lay people" dont understand that larger people can fit in these cars.

I drove the car up to Bed Bath and Beyond and when I came back out there was a crowd standing around the car. As I got closer I unlocked the doors. A woman standing there said "oh is this your car"? I said yes.

She said " thats funny, my husband said it had to either belong to a woman or a really small man".

I told her that my husband is 6'3 and 240lbs which is bigger than the ladies husband who had made the initial comment. I would have told him personally but he was busy walking around the car on his cell phone telling someone on the other end about the car.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
The most common question I am ask is "how do you fit in that car?" At 6'4" I guess it is a legitimate question, the fact is I have plenty of room in the car, getting in with the hard top on is interesting though. I drove an SII and did not fit well at all, they have done some nice work on the US cars to, as Stan mentioned fit the 97th percentile for this market.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
At 6'3" 245, I was concerned about the size of the Elise because of my experiences with Miatas and S2000s. I've found the Elise to be roomier than either of them. In my brief Elise experience, it was snug but not uncomfortable.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
although I've only driven a demo I felt it was quite comfortable :D :cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts