The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I arrived home tonight to find this at the end of my neighbor's driveway.

I'm thinking its meant for the "bad" kids at the end of the block...

·
Registered
214 Posts
is this supposed to be funny? looks like you're going twice the speed limit in what is a residential area. good job

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Remember that Dave Chapelle skit Real True Hollywood Stories with Charlie Murphy and "Prince" where Prince is playing basketball and goes "why don't you purify yourself in the waters of Lake Minnetonka"? That sign is epic...

·
Saffron Yellow is Lighter
1,291 Posts
You don't even need photo shop to simply cut and paste the 2 numbers around. But I agree, 85 in a residential is probably a bit much!

:UK: :shift:

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,769 Posts
is this supposed to be funny? looks like you're going twice the speed limit in what is a residential area. good job
Yikes... Settle down, and welcome to the internet! :facepalm

·
Registered
144 Posts
Oh cool! Those "High Score" signs are near tons of schools in my area too, I love them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
back home i have one of those sitting almost exactly 100 yards after a stop sign... i always viewed it as a challenge :shift:

·
Registered
663 Posts
Calm down people! These are always a challenge. There are no kids in the street and there's no proof that it was him going that fast (I swear it was the motorcycle behind him that was going that fast).

He's just having a good time, and personally, I'm disappointed you didn't reach at least double ;)

·
Asst. Helmet Tester
1,229 Posts
Nice! There's a permanent one installed in an area I frequent. If you go fast enough the numbers go away and it just says "slow down." Lots of fun when there's nobody around. (It's not a residential street and the posted limit of 40 is way under the typical flow of traffic)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I tried to Photoshop this poorly enough so no one would mistake it for "real"...

For the record
  • I stopped the car
  • Got out
  • Walked 20 feel behind it
  • took a photo
  • Got back in
  • Added the numbers and "blurred" the car using my computer...

·
Registered
972 Posts
^^^That's. Not.... POSSIBLE.
You must have been speeding. Probably drunk, probably just ran over a small child, probably playing chicken with the car coming at you. Probably caused a lot of cancer too.

You should have your license revoked immediately and never allowed on public roads again!!!!

/NANNY

Seriously though, nicely done :D

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Next time I'll do this...

In honor of our State Patrol for writing the infamous 205 ticket.

That 205 ticket story is amazing, and it links to another, even more incredible story, the guy in the Lamborghini Diablo going 182 mph in a 55 mph zone. What's most amazing is that the dude in the Lambo was a research chemist.

Where I live, research chemists make peanuts and are lucky to drive a Chevy Cruise. Unless, by "research chemist" they actually meant drug trafficker.

·
Registered
142 Posts
JIM! I was behind you - and took the REAL photo -- shame on you for photoshopping out the kids, crosswalk, flames and lowering your speed! -eek-

1 - 20 of 26 Posts