The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my wife is tired of people asking about her Jetta when she drives a Passat. So I call a local Benz dealer asking about a 2004 C320 4MATIC. They have them for 4K off sticker!! So the one they have in stock has 25 miles and stickers for 42K. They will sell it for 38K. I asked if it was a 'rebate' from the factory and they say they are just trying to move their cars.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
nxm150,

there is a new c class coming out in the spring. They have slightly redesigned the front/rear bumper. The instrumentation is new and better. Everything else the same. The headlights will be clear glass. This is all for the upcoming C55 AMG, C230, 240, 320. I bought a C230 sedan and i got mine for 30k. now with the money i saved i'm going to install a Brabus kit for an extra $5k that will bump my hp from 190 to 230hp.

you might want to wait a bit more for the new design. ask your dealer about it.

ara

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahha. That is why they are offering such a heavy discount. I remember inquiring about this car back in October and the most I could get was a couple hundred off. Now it is 4K!! The main reason I would get this one over the new design is cause of the 4K. You have any links to what the re-design looks like?

shay2nak said:
nxm150,

there is a new c class coming out in the spring. They have slightly redesigned the front/rear bumper. The instrumentation is new and better. Everything else the same. The headlights will be clear glass. This is all for the upcoming C55 AMG, C230, 240, 320. I bought a C230 sedan and i got mine for 30k. now with the money i saved i'm going to install a Brabus kit for an extra $5k that will bump my hp from 190 to 230hp.

you might want to wait a bit more for the new design. ask your dealer about it.

ara

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is your thoughts? 4K is a heavy discount. I probably won't even consider the new one as they won't be discounting it, cause it will be out of my wife's price range.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Also consider this, at 4K discount you are getting the last of the current iteration and not the first of the next evolution. Even though the new model is mostly face lift changes and not an evolutionary change, it's nice to have a car that's been through a few years of update/upgrade and package mods etc.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
i like my c230 a lot. I got the 2004.5 sport sedan with the cross drilled brakes, fatter tires w/rims and stiffer suspension and newer color (granite gray). I bought automatic because i'm giving the car to my parents when i buy the elise. I am very happy with it. I really like BMWs and at first was dissappointed with it. But this car is pretty damn quick and comfortable. Benz did a good job with the auto because even in higher gears the car pulls. I also really like the pedal feel from the brakes. The sound system is actually quite good. Rarely, i'm impressed with stock systems or even aftermarket ones. I used to work as a loudspeaker engineer so i know a thing or two. So the changes are minor, and i'm sure you won't mind getting the $4k discount for the current model. it's an excellent deal. The only thing i like is the new instrumentation with the larger tach. I'll probably trade my car in for a C55 three years from now.

good luck!

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Also, have them tell you the date of service. Even though it's low mile, it might have a long date of service that'll cut into your warranty periode.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry, not following you. I thought the warranty period starts at the time of devliery?

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
nxm150 said:
Sorry, not following you. I thought the warranty period starts at the time of devliery?
If the car has been a dealer demo car the date of service to the dealer is the date the warranty is activated. Those 25 miles most likely came from nickle dime driving around etc. However, if it was 'officially' slated as a demo car it's first day of duty is the first day of warranty.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Shay2nak,
Investigate Renntech mods as well.

atyclb,
I think his wife might enjoy the C320 more, but of course I don't know her preferences.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
originally posted by Vantage
Investigate Renntech mods as well.
I forgot about Renntech, thanks for reminding me. I also looked at Carlsson (they have a nice sport front bumper) & Kleemann. Along with Brabus, they don't currently have a HP kit for my particular engine ( I have to wait until this fall). The one i have is a 1.8L SC, whereas the old c230 was a 2.3L SC. I think Brabus has the least HP gain (40 isn't bad by any means) but I chose them because of their warranty coverage and they are a pretty large MBZ tuner. They have a showroom, etc. in Newport Beach. I'd like to get my car to 240/250 hp if possible, but I don't want to stress the engine too much, it is a 1.8L, 4 banger afterall.

ara

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I call up another Benz dealership and they beat the other offer and offer me $4420 off of sticker.

:D

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Do the warranties cover just the tuner parts or your entire engine? Something to consider if you are keeping your car for the long haul.

I'm pretty impressed with how the 2004.5 230k came from the factory. Pretty light car and good balance relative to the C32. The car is actually lower too. One step closer to BMW sedans in terms of dynamics.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
originally posted by nxm150
So I call up another Benz dealership and they beat the other offer and offer me $4420 off of sticker.
Go for it! $4500 off is an excellent deal if you like the car! Check out Granite Gray, it is a very nice color, IMO.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
Do the warranties cover just the tuner parts or your entire engine? Something to consider if you are keeping your car for the long haul.
The warranty for Brabus covers the engine, since they are playing with the pullies of the SC. The kit also includes a sports exhaust so that is covered, too. It's the same as Merc's warranty 4 yrs and I guess 50k miles. They told me if I need any servicing of the engine, to bring it to Brabus.

I'm pretty impressed with how the 2004.5 230k came from the factory. Pretty light car and good balance relative to the C32. The car is actually lower too. One step closer to BMW sedans in terms of dynamics.
yes, you are right on. I would have liked it another half inch lower, but i'll leave it the way it is. I think the c230 looks better than the 325i. With the addition of the hp kit, the car will be a blast to drive.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts