The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally returned from crazy work adventures in England and Central America, and have not been on the internet for almost a month. So I'm a little out of the loop.

Did anything really important go down whilst I was away that I should be aware of?

Cheers,
Lillie

P.S. Glad to be back, but missing England.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Each dealer was asked to place an order for 10 cars (1 demo + 9 customer cars). Symbolic in La Jolla chose to order cars randomly rather than taking customer orders - not clear why that would be. They ordered 1 car with LSS (yellow) that Randy apparently would accept, but it's not clear if he will be offered that one.

Lotus added Lazer Blue to the color choices ($1200 lifestyle color). Lotus is offering LSD, but didn't mention price.

Symbolic Motors was trashed on the official web site for playing games with their waiting list. Nick Smith posted there to try to explain things (he indicated that they will give special consideration to past good customers, but there aren't too many of these wanting a Lotus; you cannot buy your way onto the list; they still are looking to reopen a dealership in the Los Angeles area, but were negotiating with Lotus about their allocation prior to making a commitment; he is sure that there will be a dealer in LA, whether it's Symbolic or someone else).

I talked to Nick for 30 minutes and felt satisfied with how things were going, until Symbolic ordered the 10 cars without consulting the people at the top of their waiting list. Not sure what's going on with that.

The Newport dealership apparently is charging $2500 over MSRP and a Connecticut dealer is collecting $1000 over. I'm sure others are as well. A few people have posted offers to sell their spots. Nick assured me that I will get my car for MSRP from Symbolic.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I forgot to add this. The Elise is going on sale in England towards the end of January with the Toyota engine (but not our interior). Somebody drove one over there and posted a brief review here. No doubt SELOC will share more info as time goes by.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll give Nick a call today, just to catch up. I did read that post he wrote, and I'm not at all surprised. He has been good to me though, and I'm sure I'll get my car from Symbolic in a timely fashion.

The wait is killing me though. Every night I wish I would fall asleep and wake up with an elise in the garage.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Big one you guys forgot,
Apparently, Lotus after listening to the autocrossers is going to offering an LSD for the car later in the year.]

Also, on SELOC with the title "111R" is the first test drive of one of the UK spec toyota elises, pretty favorable.

You also completely missed the "ridgemanron" experience
Chris

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Glad to have you back Lillie! It was truly a pleasure meeting you at the show and I appreciate your offer to get me food. How sweet of you!

I am still waiting to hear from anyone at Symbolic. Oh well....

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Chris, just wondering, when you ban someone, do you block all their known IP addresses? Or can they still view the threads by being a guest?

·
Registered
607 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
Big one you guys forgot,
Apparently, Lotus after listening to the autocrossers is going to offering an LSD for the car later in the year.]

Chris
And most are hoping for the LSD to be of the Torsen type.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
nxm150 said:
Chris, just wondering, when you ban someone, do you block all their known IP addresses? Or can they still view the threads by being a guest?
/hijack

Blocking IPs can be done easily enough, but IMO is a step I would take only if the person persisted in coming back under different names. I think blocking someone from reading goes beyond trying to solve a problem and makes it seem more punative.

In other words, I have no problem with Ron reading the board and using it. The mods/admins asked him to quit insulting everyone that did not buy into what *seemed* to be an obsession about dealer allocations, and a lot of Anti-California stuff. He would not stop. As the site owner, I was asked to ban the account earlier, but I really did not want to, I would much rather not have to take extreme measures. [Rodney] Can't we all just get along?[/Rodney] But when one person is impacting everyone else, then we have to step in. There are other forums for people who don't want to be here or don't want to follow the one rule of not personally attacking others.

Frankly, this whole allocation thing to me seems be a small issue, and one that our debating will not impact. Lotus will do what they think is right and we will get our cars accordingly. No amount of posting message after message why California sucks is going to change that.

As far as Ridgeman, I would rather not spend a lot of time discussing it in public. He is not here to defend himself. If he wants to discuss the issue with me, he is free to do so.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lightning...only!

Dont think I want to settle for Saffron, but will depend on if/how much it costs/how long it takes to order it. Although now that Laser is an option, might lean towards that. If ordering special will delay delivery too much, I'll take Ardent.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Got a call from Symbolic. They will guarantee that the car I want in the first order is indeed mine.

:)

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Patricko said:
Is that because they like you?:D
lol...

Good question.

"well... he does run that EliseTalk site"
"What, some little chat board with a bunch of malcontents?"

Seriously, I have no idea if running this site helps or not. Graham told me a while ago that he does go out of his way to help out the true fans of Lotus.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Randy Chase said:

Seriously, I have no idea if running this site helps or not.
It sure doesn't hurt:D

Lets see if #s 2 and 3 get that guarantee:)

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Good for you Randy!

Hmmm, I'm still thinking about saffron yellow as well. Worried about attracting too much attention still.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts