The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing a jvc KD-AVX77 and it has way way to many bulky wires in the back. I tried everyhing trying to push them to the left to the right etc and I still can't push the head unit back all the way. Anyone have any tricks? Maybe pull apart the dash more to pull them while I push the head unit in?? I wasted an hour on this and it's been more of a pain in the butt then my engine swap.

Thanks!
Chris

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
There is actually space to the left and right of the back of the console, try feeding wires there. I managed to hook up two AI-Net devices which run wires behind the head unit as well as the connections needed to go to an external amp, so you can jam the stuff in there too. It is a tight fit though.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Did you electrical tape them together? I have the same deck and had no problems after I taped the extra RCA connectors up nice and tight ... good luck!

Cheers,
Zoomby_U

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you electrical tape them together? I have the same deck and had no problems after I taped the extra RCA connectors up nice and tight ... good luck!

Cheers,
Zoomby_U
Not a bad idea! I hate electrical tape and the gunk it leaves but I'll give it a shot.

Thanks!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 8 of 8 Posts