The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Shhhhh.....

(I agree)

Back to football. Oh wait, it's preseason.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Next time, we should find out someone that is going to LOG and get a cell phone report or something. :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is really amazing. Did all of these people go to LOG? It hasn't been this slow around here for months. I cannot even get the "other forum" to load. Something is wrong with their site.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I haven't been on because I've been compulsively playing Live For Speed, a racing simulation which includes networked play, autocrossing, Lotus Seven clones, and best of all: autocrossing Lotus Seven clones over the network! It rocks. Another fine automotive product imported from the UK.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
John, sounds interesting. Link for more info?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
That's almost too easy: www.liveforspeed.com

There's a free downloadable demo with one track (with a few different configurations including a rallycross section) and three cars, which can be played over the network against other people with the demo.

For 12 UK pounds, you get the "S1" version (I sense a little Lotus joke going on there). That gives you three different tracks each with several variations, plus the autocross parking lot, a skid pad, and drag strip. There are 7 cars: a hatchback, a rwd coupe, a turbo rwd coupe, a turbo awd coupe, a fwd turbo sedan, a 4cyl Seven clone, and a 6cyl Seven clone. The future S2 and S3 versions will include additional unspecified features.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I tried Racer maybe a year ago. Someone had just released a 350Z, if that helps pinpoint the time frame. None of the cars available then handled anything like real cars, let alone the cars they were supposed to simulate. Like most other games and sims that allow user-defined cars, people seemed to take a lot more care in the appearance of the car than in the driving dynamics. I take it things have improved since then...maybe I'll give it another try. Are there any other particular car models or modelers that you recommend? Any modelers to avoid?

I had some initial difficulty with LFS too, partly due to the high nonlinear steering setting that it comes with by default, partly due to some wonky stock suspension settings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts