The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been playing with my sim a little more and decided to look for some good content. There is some cool open source stuff for Assetto Corsa. Some nice open world maps with AI traffic.

Tried a few out. Also got some modded lotus. Driving a "stage 3" exige in the run which is putting out 290 hp. I need to do a little tweaking to my alignments setting as this rear on this car comes around easier than mine, but it feels similar otherwise.

This was a lot of fun and feels VERY similar to mountain runs I go on since you never really know what is coming. MUCH better because WHEN you crash, you dont feel bad and just hit 'reset'!
My son and I drove a F40 which is fantastic....until it is not. It goes from good to oh sh!t VERY quicky and is totally unforgiving!

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
Last time I was out west we had to divert to inland roads for a stretch of PCH, think it was a closure due to landslide activity. Of course the roads leading inland and back out to the coast through the hills are uber twisty with very steep drop offs. Probably a few rusting hulks at the bottom of some of those ravines. One thing I wasn't expecting was all the kids on skateboards flying downhill, sometimes in the middle of the road, hitting speeds I'd guess at least 50mph. Adrenaline junkies. For ultimate realism the sim should incorporate this scenario. 😯🙈🤯

·
Registered
Exige S & M2C
61 Posts
That is awesome! I really need to get a SIM setup.. I knew assetto corsa had some cool mods, but i didnt know they were like that lol. I would love to cruise some local roads in a simulator :devilish:

I cruised a bit of the PCH and mullholand drive last year in my M2- it was a blast. Not much traffic, either, despite it being a holiday weekend. The few people I did see were fellow enthusiasts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, assetto corsa is fantastic with it's open source mods. It has a HUGE following and tons of support and free development. The PCH was all modeled and done by a group. Pretty amazing undertaking. Pretty awesome and I still have more setting up to do.

My son crashed a f40 last night. A wonderful but unforgiving car. Then he went to the McLaren F1 GTR full race car. With our motion, driving the very high performance cars is a lot of work. He like the F1 because it is a true manual. It also has the best sound of almost any car. (turn the sound up for this car!) Sounds like the begging of Cannonball run when he is going wide open. No ABS or stability/traction, just raw race car. Not bad for a kid 16 years old! He drives it much better than I do. It crashes out of control so easily and you have to short shift the first 3 gears or you will spin it in a heart beat.

I most enjoy driving the Lotus though. It really ties itself into reality and you can really feel the lightness of the car despite it being a sim.

·
Registered
48 Posts
That's awesome. I need to install. A member here told me about this (I think was KCA), but I forgot and never remembered to find and install. Will do this weekend if I find time.

I love for someone to do hwy 129 "The Dragon", as these are great for memorizing courses when they are done accurately.

·
Registered
2005 Starlight Black Lotus Elise
106 Posts
Since we're showing off sim vids, back in 2015 I had gotten my WC/Pro license in iRacing. This is probably one of my favorite pass I did, caught on one of the RaceSpot streams, I'm the orange car. Time stamp should bring you to 1:36:00.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts