The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A short 13 days after PWR2W8 and I reached an agreement on my purchase of his Exige S, the car was delivered to me.

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f94/fs-2007-chrome-orange-exige-s-1-043-miles-59603/

In June 05, I purchased a CO Elise and loved it. I later added a FF turbo and sold the car in December 06. I had a lot of reasons for selling the car, none of them good, and always missed owning it. Of all the cars I have sold, the Elise was the only one I missed.

I decided to get an Exige S primarily for track driving. Other than the very disappointing Skip Barber class I took, I have never driven a car on the track. However, I have done dozens of track days on my 600cc CBR. My aching body wants to start balancing track time between the bike and car. I figured the Exige S was perfect for what I want.

My initial drive in the Exige immediately reminded me why I missed by Elise so much. These cars are simply the most enjoyable cars to drive. My Carrera S is fun, but not so much that I want to drive it purely for the sake of driving. That said, the street time for the Exige will be minimal. I can't help but drive it hard on the street, and I need to save that stuff for the track.

Power wise, the Exige S is right between my NA Elise and the FF275 Elise. The FF275 Elise was wicked fast. Definitely faster than my Carrera S. The Carrera S is faster than my Exige, but a Gotham tune will likely fix that. Post Gotham, I think the power will be perfect for me.

The sound of the Exige S with the stage II exhaust is amazing. I have yet to turn the radio on in the car. All 100 miles that I have put on it are with the windows down. It is virtuously impossible not to rev it to 8000 after every stop. I don't remember my Elise sounding this good.

I know I will be in the minority for this comment, but I prefer the 05 seats to the Probax seats. The main reason is the lack of lumbar on the Probax seats. I am all about the lumbar support. When I first sat in the Exige S, I was trying to find the little pump to inflate my lumbar ("Where is that damn pump?").

The track pack suspension seems much better than the sport pack on my Elise. The ride in the Elise was very harsh whereas the Exige doesn't seem that bad (and the current settings on my car are the recommended track settings - I have not adjusted them from what the prior owner set them to for his one track day).

The other car oogle factor on my initial drive was hilarious. I remember the Elise getting a lot of attention - but nothing like the Exige S did. I go unnoticed in my Carrera S, but I am an instant celebrity in the Exige S.

Overall, great car, glad I bought it. Can't wait for my first track day on 8/24.

·
Registered
191 Posts
congrads

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Lotus: the choice of discerning performance enthusiasts and attention whores, which I am both.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Hi Dave,

I was wondering how long it'd take you before you came back :D

Congratulations and enjoy :up:

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Dave,

I was wondering how long it'd take you before you came back :D

Congratulations and enjoy :up:
Buying this one was not as much fun as the CO Elise I purchased from you. My 3 day, 1000 mile tour of Southern CA in my CO Elise was probably the most enjoyable trip I have taken.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
gotham is fast, but you'll probably want more when you get used to it. have fun... :up:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts