The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
The only one on that list I agree with is #1. The Alfa is just gorgeous.
Really? I think the Lotus belong on there. So does the Solstice, both Aston Martins, ( i would put vantage over db9 though), the Alfa... I guess I agree with most of it. The cayman though... disgusting.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I love the sport wheels. They are great looking and very light. That's why I still use them.
The way weight "looks" only matters when talking about girls. Wheels.... not so much. Remember, this is a beauty contest.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
As the first article stated, there can be beauty found in associated functionality and performance.

To quote the article, "Beauty is not always purely a matter of the aesthetic. To those more technically minded, beauty can be a more cerebral, associative, objective factor. Although the eensy, insectile Lotus Elise and the skeletal Ariel Atom are not necessarily beautiful in the traditional sense, the fact that they weigh next to nothing yet offer more power than many sport-utilities can make a math-minded car enthusiast drool at the sight of their unconventional bodies like Pavlov’s dogs in a bell factory."

·
Registered
249 Posts
Eye of the beholder, foot of the driver. No question for me, either AM V8 Vantage or Maserati Gran Turismo S.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Alfa +1

That car is really sharp looking to bad the price is so high.........

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Solstice coupe is OK, but beautiful it is not. I can think of dozens of more beautiful cars. Any Porsche 911, any Ferrari, any Lambo...the list goes on and on. The fact is C&D is trying to appeal to the mainstream consumers by putting that on there. Of course all the high-end sports cars are the most beautiful :p

Mercedes CLS? BLAH!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Shocking how the Merc SL65 Black Series or the Lambo LP560 didn't even make this list. By 2010, did they really mean 2008-2009? The only few that I really agreed with were the Lotus (natch!), the Alfa, and the Astons, but probably not in the same order as the author's.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Based on their choices, it seems like CD is looking more for smooth flowing lines (S5 or even the Solistic Coupe) rather than agressive in your face and straight edge styling (new Gallardo) - which could be considered trendy.

...there are many other cars that can be considered stunning, hot, cool, eye-catching, alluring, or any manner of highly suggestive descriptor, but few can be considered timelessly beautiful.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts