·
Registered
455 Posts
Phew! I was all prepared to see a Lotus among these. Thank goodness. :facepalm

·
Stilling doing God's work
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol. Not likely. The Pepto Lambo was interesting though. Wonder how a Pepto Evora would look like...

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Can we just get on with it and make the whole 'hip hop baller' culture thing die a painful death? From the hideously tacky cars to the ridiculous tattoos, it will main future (and current) civilizations laugh at us.

Hard to pick the most hideous, but I'll go with this piece of drek:

It's hard to believe that there were guys - most likely with flat brimmed hats and 'SELF' 'MADE' tattoos across their knuckles - slaving away until 3am to get these cars done 'in time for SEMA, yo!'

The classic line applies - 'just because you can doesn't mean you should'

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
lol. Not likely. The Pepto Lambo was interesting though. Wonder how a Pepto Evora would look like...
I'm willing to give that one the benefit of the doubt as I'm assuming it had something to do with breast cancer awareness - because we all know that no one on the planet knows anything about breast cancer. Hell, there are pygmy's in mudhuts who are sick of seeing all the pink sh*t.

Also, I believe wrapped/signed Scirroco has some sort of charity vibe to it, so I'm ok with that.

Now, the dross that is the 300C, or the Bug or whatever else - tasteless vomit.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
no, and neither could my hotwheels! ;-)
Makes me think of the Fisker Karma. There's one in my office parking lot often.

GORGEOUS car, but it sits on 20" wheels and when eyeballing it, you think 'there's no way those wheels aren't rubbing'. But they don't.

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
I'm willing to give that one the benefit of the doubt as I'm assuming it had something to do with breast cancer awareness - because we all know that no one on the planet knows anything about breast cancer. Hell, there are pygmy's in mudhuts who are sick of seeing all the pink sh*t.
Glad to hear you say it. They had a garbage truck at Road Atlanta that was B cancer pink. Just wrong.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Glad to hear you say it. They had a garbage truck at Road Atlanta that was B cancer pink. Just wrong.
Yep. I heard a bit on a sports radio show about the complete fraud that the NFL's pink thing is and I was bored so I spent some time googling. Basically the whole 'pink/awareness' thing is a big marketing money ploy for many. Not all, but many. For NFL in particular, it's about selling merchandise and pocketing the money.

Back the cars - they are still hideous. Although some rapper/baller will pay stupid money for them eventually.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts