The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like tomorrow, 3/23, Top Gear, BBC America, will feature the Elise v's Tesla on the track.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Thanks for reminding me. I'm looking forward to that. I think Jay Leno will be on that episode also. :nanner:

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
wait, did top gear new season start??

·
Registered
406 Posts
It's from the newest season in England but BBC America shows them several months later than BBC UK. The episode has been online for several months.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! I'll make sure to take time to watch.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
The episode has been online for several months.
^ thats what i wanted to know :up:

For a second I thought a new season started :eek:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Here, don't wait for it to come on BBC America, this is a great site, has every Top Gear for free.

TG Season 12

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
They tested it against an S2 with the 135hp rover engine, and skinny front tires/wheels.

Like to see it going against something closer to it's price range, Exige S260.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Great show! Can't wait for the next season!:clap::panic:

For us Americans this site: FinalGear.com :: There's Fifth Gear, There's Top Gear, And Then There Is Final Gear is free and has every episode for torrent download!

They also have the show Fifth Gear which is kind of the same show but is not as funny and not as good of a watch. It is though IMO way more informative as a review on cars(unlike the opinionated Clarkson reviews).

They usually have the torrent out for each episode a couple hours after it airs in Britain which is i believe on Sunday morning during the season for Top Gear.

-Harrison

·
Super Moderator
5,459 Posts
They tested it against an S2 with the 135hp rover engine, and skinny front tires/wheels.

Like to see it going against something closer to it's price range, Exige S260.
spoiler

they pit it against a rover elise with 135hp :rolleyes:
Correction: it is not a Rover powered Elise (no such thing as a 135hp Rover Elise). They tested it against the base model "Elise S" which has a 134hp Toyota 1ZZ-FE.

That said it was a drag race and with a claimed 0-60 time of 3.9s no Elise will touch it in a straight line.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Correction: it is not a Rover powered Elise (no such thing as a 135hp Rover Elise). They tested it against the base model "Elise S" which has a 134hp Toyota 1ZZ-FE.
Err... S1 135, S2 135, S2 135R...
All 135bhp rover elises.

That said it was a drag race and with a claimed 0-60 time of 3.9s no Elise will touch it in a straight line.
211 would beat it. I'd say a 260 Cup would also be close.

On track the elise murdered the tesla.

·
Super Moderator
5,459 Posts
Err... S1 135, S2 135, S2 135R...
All 135bhp rover elises.
:eek: - good points. I was thinking more standard models.

211 would beat it. I'd say a 260 Cup would also be close.
Which is why I specifically said no Elise -poke-:p

·
Registered
677 Posts
:eek: - good points. I was thinking more standard models.
true - the S1 & S2 135 were more aftermarket packs but the S2 135R was actually it's own production model (they had too after the started the second run as it went over the limits for "one off specials").

Which is why I specifically said no Elise -poke-:p
heh - pendant ;)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts