The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Edited: full video review in post 6 below.

(For some reason couldn't post in Review section of forum.)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Doh! Just as the Stig removes his helmet, the video cuts off! I will have to wait for the whole episode...

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doh! Just as the Stig removes his helmet, the video cuts off! I will have to wait for the whole episode...
:p I think that's deliberate so you go to their website, download the spyware and are allowed to watch the full thing!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It starts at around 3mins 50 seconds

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UM501BovLMQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UM501BovLMQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

·
Registered
216 Posts
Here you go

read the article too, it casts doubt on the whole thing too
I doubt it as well. I'm betting Ferrari would allow no one else to drive the FXX (or it was his personal FXX), hence the STIG replacement and interview.

Not to mention Clarkson and Hammond at the end of the show:

Clarkson: I'm thinking, I don't think MS is the STIG.
Hammond: What, you think he made it up?
Clarkson: Now that is a bombshell. We can end on that.

UPDATE to post: apparently, the FXX was MS's own (the only unstriped black one produced). There you go.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Did he just call the Porsche a Cockster? rotfl

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Here you go

read the article too, it casts doubt on the whole thing too
if i was MS and ferrari, i wouldn't let the 'stig' drive my fxx - so it makes sense to get MS to do the fxx drive, a stig apperance. classic topgear shenanigans!!

the stig revealed a month or so ago seemed pretty legit, i suspect they will have some new stig here real soon. the question is - what color suit ??

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
the stig revealed a month or so ago seemed pretty legit, i suspect they will have some new stig here real soon. the question is - what color suit ??
...well, they did roll out that viral video of black stig wandering out of the ocean last month...

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
:huh: :huh: :huh:

They revealed a Stig a month ago? I've been through every ep of seasons 5-12 and I haven't heard of this...who???

not on the show - the guy (forget who it was now!) spilled the beans on his own accord... that spawned the black stigs return video, and no doubt the schumacher one. the black stig was kicked into the ocean after he revealed himself (again, outside of the show). so i suspect the MS thing is a symbolic stig "transition" ceremony. that why i wonder if they will stick with a white stig? bring a black stig back?

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
That FXX lap was just nasty. Wish we got to see the Evora though.

that schumacher lap in the fxx was i n s a n e 4 sec off the grumpert?!?! :crazyeyes :panic: :eek: and the grumpert thrased everything else before it!

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
not on the show - the guy (forget who it was now!) spilled the beans on his own accord... that spawned the black stigs return video, and no doubt the schumacher one. the black stig was kicked into the ocean after he revealed himself (again, outside of the show). so i suspect the MS thing is a symbolic stig "transition" ceremony. that why i wonder if they will stick with a white stig? bring a black stig back?
Didn't a handiman see the white suit and helmet in a display case in his house? There's a video on youtube of a voice comparison. It's pretty good evidence.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Well, he mentions the signifiance over the porsche, but we need more info!

Oh and white, gunmetal wheels, black/red interior :drool: I don't think one could be optioned more perfectly (other than future supercharged + targa version, of course)

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
that schumacher lap in the fxx was i n s a n e 4 sec off the grumpert?!?! :crazyeyes :panic: :eek: and the grumpert thrased everything else before it!
It was almost 7 sec - 1.10.7 vs 1.17.1

IIRC the Renault F1 car did a 58 or 59 sec lap

·
Registered
677 Posts
The original (black) stig was mainly ex-f1 (and the unluckiest driver ever) Perry Mcarthy. He did reveal all in a book which was one reason he was fired (the other being he wanted more money).

But there is no "one" stig. A lot of names have been mentioned before and they are probably all right. For example, just look at the build of MS dressed as the stig- its completely different to other episodes.

I've had the stig drive my old S2 190 round the topgear track and I can tell you know it wasn't MS.

It's just a persona so they can chop and change drivers due to scheduling conflicts and what not.

The MS lap was outstanding - 1:10 even in a barely legal race car is just stunning. IIRC that is faster than the caparo F1 which was removed as it couldn't clear a speed bump (be interesting if the FXX can).

Remember Renault turned up with a F1 car a couple years ago and clocked 59 seconds.

MS is a stunning driver - I've bee lucky enough to have a passenger rides in a Minardi 2 seater F1 car and you need to bear in mind they are heavier, have a longer wheelbase (not as agile but better high speed stability) and not quite as powerful (only by 50 odd bhp but 50 bhp is alot in f1).
Now hark back in the days of F1 when you had to be within 107% of the pole time to qualify MS took a 2 seater car *with* a 80kg passenger and would have qualified for the race. Even more impressive it was not on the back row either.

I know people say "its the car its the car" and yes to a large degree it is but there's no denying that MS is one of the best drivers ever (and I'm not even a MS fan ;))

1 - 20 of 35 Posts