The Lotus Cars Community banner

81 - 100 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Yeah, Evans looks to be the main host, and I'm guessing the others will be on as appropriate. Ambitious, but possibly not rubbish! That's a great way to distance themselves while playing to a varied array of strengths to make up for the lack of natural chemistry. As the chemistry develops, a smaller crew may just distill out.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
11,470 Posts
Yes, and this may also allow the producers to sort out who is best for the show.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm interested to see if they'll have "specialties" for each one of them like they did in the early days of the reboot (used to have the one guy for "insider trading" while Clarkson did the big name reviews, etc.). Format will definitely be different

·
craigyirush
1,534 Posts
There's nothing aweful (sic) about a show with Chris Harris (best car journalist on the web, with lots of print experience at Autocar) and Sabine Schmitz.

PS You might want to invest in a dictionary.

·
Premium Member
11,470 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,470 Posts
There's nothing aweful (sic) about a show with Chris Harris (best car journalist on the web, with lots of print experience at Autocar) and Sabine Schmitz.

PS You might want to invest in a dictionary.
Hey, Craig.

Been reading Harris for a day or so and you are right. Very good stuff.

Thanks.

·
craigyirush
1,534 Posts
Hey, Craig.

Been reading Harris for a day or so and you are right. Very good stuff.

Thanks.
His videos on YouTube (channel name is Chris Harris on Cars) are also really good - he does the vintage/classic stuff (racing at the Revival),
as well as the modern (his review of the GT4 is great).

·
Registered
7,005 Posts

·
Registered
7,005 Posts
Sure can't agree with all that, especially as I'm yet to view or sample the 400. But there is some truth to it. The new Elise/Exige will be what pulls Hethel closer to real viability, a repeat of history. The 400 has moved upward perhaps towards fewer pocketbooks in order to add performance gains that are only usable on a track or a peeing contest or way illegally. Maybe that will work. I thought the Evora S was perfect but more people complained about it than drove one out of a showroom like I did.

·
Registered
7,005 Posts
I test drove it. Harris was overly negative.
By odd circumstance, my surname is Harris as well. I'll try to be more objective.

I bleed Lotus too. Perhaps more than he does?

·
Registered
255 Posts

·
craigyirush
1,534 Posts
Was about to post the Exige video but you beat me to it. Harris also praised the first SC Elise on Autocar in 07, ran an S1 Exige back in the day, and raced an Elise. So, no, not hostile to Lotus. He's also a superb journalist, and can really drive/race.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Don't get me wrong. Harris is great. I enjoy his videos and generally like his writings. And I did not say his Evora 400 article was "completely" negative -- I chose the word "overly" negative carefully. His Exige video is from 2012. In this article from 2015 he goes off about Lotus merely from a press release describing the Evora 400. The theme of his article is him saying that he was biased in favor of Lotus because of his nationalism: but that theme has him writing an article then in completely the opposite direction, sort of a reverse nationalism about Lotus. I test drove the car and while it had its great aspects and imperfections (see also The Lotus Forums threads about experience with the Evora 400), and I know his negativity about the Evora 400 and Lotus more generally was not justified by him seeing a press release. I stand by my view that the article was overly negative of Lotus.

·
Premium Member
11,470 Posts
New episode (apparently) on Monday (tmw) night; BBCA.

·
Registered
7,005 Posts
Just tried to watch the "new" Top Gear.

Can we make a poll?

Which is worse, this new Brit version or the American version of a couple years back?

I honestly see the American version as better.

81 - 100 of 131 Posts