The Lotus Cars Community banner

101 - 120 of 131 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,470 Posts
2nd episode was better. Again, show may need more time to gel.

The US version is very funny at times, but little to really do with cars.

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
Don't like the reboot Top Gear. You can't even compare the new show with the previous one.

The US show, forget it. I only watch if they have a certain car on the show.

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
In the meantime, Richard Porter and Jeremy Clarkson have mended fences and Porter is now back with CHM on the GT.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Leblanc was chosen by the BBC to appeal to American viewers as that market is the biggest outside the UK. Massive fail in my opinion.

·
Less is Better
2,437 Posts
3rd episode best so far.
For me, the challenge films only work when the cast has some chemistry and the interaction is entertaining. If they haven't clicked yet, then don't bother. I think this is why the 1st episode was a dog.

The third one had cool cars being driven fast around the track and descriptions of how the cars worked while doing it. In other words, good car reviews by good reviewers. For setting up new cast, I think this is the best solution. They can ease into the films as everyone gets comfortable with each other, including us.

Having said all that, I think Chris Harris could almost carry the show by himself. He's a dynamic guy with a good sense of humor and makes fun of himself at times. And he does truly excellent reviews of cars.

Although I doubt we're likely to see anything this funny from any of the hosts on the show now.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
The new Top Gear is an absolute mess. One reason is Chris Evans.

See the news about him today though. Insane.

·
Premium Member
11,470 Posts
DEBUT

Promo

The Grand Tour Will Premiere On November 18, Watch the First Trailer Here

Mark your calendars. Clarkson, Hammond, and May are back.

The return of former Top Gear hosts Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, and James May is one of the most eagerly anticipated events in the automotive world. Their new Amazon-backed show, The Grand Tour, has been teased endlessly for months, and live tapings are currently underway. Now, though, we finally know when we can see what the infamous trio has been up to.

A video trailer on the Grand Tour's YouTube channel announced that the show will make its premiere on Amazon Prime Video on November 18th. The trailer shared doesn't reveal too much, but there's footage from the show's McLaren P1, LaFerrari, and Porsche 918 comparison test.

Otherwise, the production looks incredibly gorgeous, which is exactly what you'd expect from this trio. The revamped Top Gear might have to step up its game for their next season. We're just happy we have two well-produced automotive shows to watch.

·
Premium Member
11,470 Posts
No lip-syncing for May, Clarkson and Hammond

"The Grand Tour" hosts Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May joined "The Late Late Show with James Corden" this week to answer some questions and race a Corvette Grand Sport before the trio's new show debuts on Amazon Prime on Nov. 18. The boys hit Willow Springs in California for the contest, which quickly devolved, as it does with these three, into name-calling, fit-throwing and trophy-braking. We can't wait for the show.

Read more: The Grand Tour Late Late Show race of gentlemen

·
Premium Member
11,470 Posts
Surprise, The Grand Tour Premiers a Day Early in America

Thanks to the magic of time zones, U.S. viewers won't have to wait until Friday to stream the first episode.

Until now, we thought we'd have to wait until Friday to watch the first episode of The Grand Tour. After all, we'd been told it would premier on November 18th, and according to our calendar, that's this Friday. But as it turns out, we've been deceived. The Grand Tour will actually be available to stream tomorrow night.

The good news all started with this Tweet:

2 days to go until #TheGrandTour launches on Amazon Prime Video. (...and that's from 00:01 GMT if you want to get specific)
Oh, good. The show will be available one minute after midnight. Technically, that would make it Friday, but if we stayed up past our bedtimes, we'd be able to watch it on what felt like Thursday night.

But wait, a minute after midnight in London is actually 7:01 PM on the East Coast (4:01 PM PST). Would the folks at Amazon really force us to wait until after midnight our time, or would we get to enjoy The Grand Tour on Thursday night?

So there you have it. The Grand Tour will technically premier on Friday, November 18th, but for Americans, it'll be available to stream beginning Thursday night.

Surprise!

·
Premium Member
11,470 Posts
101 - 120 of 131 Posts