The Lotus Cars Community banner

121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
7,005 Posts
We enjoyed Grand Tour quite a bit. The new Top Gear has moments but seems to drag along at times.

·
Premium Member
11,470 Posts
Funny, I see the reverse. GT had not enough about cars; too much filler.

·
Premium Member
11,470 Posts
I liked Top Gear America. It was more entertainment than substance but I think that's how it should be.
Yes. Really liked the hosts.

·
Premium Member
11,470 Posts
Here's Your First Look at Top Gear With Two New Hosts

Matt LeBlanc and Rory Reid may be gone, but the shenanigans sure aren't.

or its 27th season, Top Gear is bringing in two new hosts. Replacing Matt LeBlanc and Rory Reid are comic Paddy McGuinness and retired cricket player Andrew Flintoff, who join automotive journalist Chris Harris. The BBC just released a trailer for the upcoming season, giving us our first look at this new trio.

As we've come to expect from Top Gear, no matter who's at the helm, there's a lot of vehicular shenanigans on display. Many involve a Jaguar hearse, which gets just a little too sideways. Harris also gets his hands on some choice machines, including Mario Andretti's 1978 F1 championship-winning Lotus 79. That should be one to watch.

A release date hasn't been confirmed yet, though the show will likely premiere sometime this summer. We've reached out to BBC America to find out when it'll be available to watch in the States.

This new trailer is fun, but this new iteration of Top Gear has a lot to live up to. The shadow of Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, and James May still looms large, and the seasons with LeBlanc and Reid—who will still host the web-only Extra Gear—were excellent. Hopefully we won't have to wait long to see how this new trio stacks up.

·
Premium Member
11,470 Posts
Starts tmw night, BBCA

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I have to say I wasn’t too happy to hear that there were new hosts again. Rory was ok but the chemistry Leblanc and Harris was getting better between all three and it seemed to be really clicking. The outtakes on the last episode were disappointing in that they didn’t make the show. It seemed like if they let the guys do stuff themselves and be less scripted it may have been even better.

Which brings me to the new hosts. WOW! I loved the first episode and half way though the second I feel the same way. It’s like they instantly have chemistry and it seems less scripted which I’m guess is helped by the fact one is a comedian. Top Gear was dying for me and I wasn’t that excited to see new episodes but this new version is great and I look forward to getting time to watch them now. I hope they keep it up!

·
Less is Better
2,437 Posts
I have to say I wasn’t too happy to hear that there were new hosts again. Rory was ok but the chemistry Leblanc and Harris was getting better between all three and it seemed to be really clicking. The outtakes on the last episode were disappointing in that they didn’t make the show. It seemed like if they let the guys do stuff themselves and be less scripted it may have been even better.

Which brings me to the new hosts. WOW! I loved the first episode and half way though the second I feel the same way. It’s like they instantly have chemistry and it seems less scripted which I’m guess is helped by the fact one is a comedian. Top Gear was dying for me and I wasn’t that excited to see new episodes but this new version is great and I look forward to getting time to watch them now. I hope they keep it up!
I've watched the full series and this is definitely a better group. My only gripe is that at times the picking on Chris feels a little like bullying as he just takes it and smiles. It's a little uncomfortable.

·
Registered
7,005 Posts
These new blokes are completely uninteresting to me. No wit or intelligence at all. Like some guy who has had a bit too much and comes up to me at a party, certain I will be fascinated by his style and humor.

Harris (my last name too) deserves better.

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
I miss Chris Harris's YouTube videos. Those all stopped with Top Gear.

Used to really look forward to new ones. I've never looked forward to a new episode of Top Gear.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11,470 Posts

It is very good, as you say.

Would like to keep the larger boys from constantly picking on Chris Harris, who is just terrific.

Never liked Stooges because of the feigned violence.

As written above Chris could do the whole thing himself. But, I do like those 2 big guys a lot.

121 - 131 of 131 Posts